Dvla world record?

Sent off to renew my licence last Saturday with my medical also new photo for my photo card licence,new licence arrived Friday morning,I think that’s pretty good going I,ve never known it to be that quick,well done DVLA.I sent everything recorded delivery don,t know if that made any difference. :smiley:

Last time I did mine it was less than a week as well.

Don’t know whats going on .!! I’ve just received my digicard renewal notice. I’ts not due till late March :unamused: :unamused:

My license was returned in less than a week when I renewed the license photo and when I renewed the license and neither was sent by recorded delivery.

DVLA have a bad reputation but my personal experience of them has been good :smiley:

skoowif:
Don’t know whats going on .!! I’ve just received my digicard renewal notice. I’ts not due till late March :unamused: :unamused:

I can’t remember how long in advance you can apply for renewal of the card but I think they always send the reminders out early, I had my reminder in December and it’s due for renewal in mid February .

skoowif:

It’s okay, I know what’s going on so don’t panic. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Your digi card is due for renewal in a couple of months so they have sent you the forms early so you can get it done in good time and avoid you being without a card for a period. You can renew early and your current card will still be valid until its expiry date then your new one will start.

Hope that clarifies things and puts your mind at rest. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks coffeeholic, I get the jist of it. With the old card expiring, we can then swap when the new one becomes “active” without delay. Anyone got their boss to pay for the renewal ? I have to pay for it. No change there then, lol.

tachograph:
DVLA have a bad reputation but my personal experience of them has been good :smiley:

I have very mixed feelings on DVLA when I sent off for digi card it was back within 4 days when I sent to upgrade licence that took less than a week BUT think it is more the medical section if anybody has had to deal with these then oh dear

skoowif:
Thanks coffeeholic, I get the jist of it. With the old card expiring, we can then swap when the new one becomes “active” without delay.

Indeed. However, if your current card was issued before 26th August 2006 then it probably won’t work on it’s last day of validity, and the new one won’t work yet, so you will have to treat it as a malfunctioning card and do a printout at the start and end of the shift. No need to report this instance of a malfunction to the DVLA.

animal:
I have very mixed feelings on DVLA when I sent off for digi card it was back within 4 days when I sent to upgrade licence that took less than a week BUT think it is more the medical section if anybody has had to deal with these then oh dear

Tell me about it :unamused: , sent mine off the be renewed after my medical back in september.
Because I ticked the box that said I could read a reg plate at 20 metres without the need for glasses (which I can, just about) its caused eruptions, as according to the eyetest the doctor gave me, I should wear glasses to drive class 1(which I do anyway).
Starting back in early october after several letters and phone calls, and re-submitions of the forms with the box saying I can’t read a number plate at 20 metres ticked :unamused: FFS) along with a letter from me explaining why I had ticked the wrong box, and that I wear glasses for driving, I still have no new licence, muppets :confused:
Reassuringly I was told that because I’d applied before the due date, my current licence was still valid during ongoing investigations, so thats all right then :unamused:

i got my digi card renewell over christmas & mine not due till march,so ive renewed it & got my new one back & it does’nt kick in till my old one runs out :wink:

I sent my renewal off mid-October. They sent it back within a couple of days because the doctor hadn’t stamped the medical form.Got it stamped,sent it back and waited.After three weeks,called them and was told it was with the medical section and they were running about 5 weeks behind.They did send me a letter confirming my entitlements,to show to police/Vosa if stopped.Finally got my licence back last Friday.

I think I had my licence for 4 mth out of 18 mth as DVLA medical section had it for the rest of time