DVLA wasters

Most of the article is behind a paywall but even just the headline confirms what we all suspected about DVLA - they’ve done nowt for ages

thetimes.co.uk/article/dvla … 1647536720

Doesn’t surprise me, it took me 5 months to get my HGV renewal through. There was no issue, It was just renewed. Absolutely shambolic.
Boris has said for months now GET BACK IN THE OFFICE, however, from my experience it is the ones in the public sector that are dragging there a***s.
Grant Shapps, well, what can you say, he is that busy burying his head in the sand over the P and O debacle, let alone getting his house in order with DVLA. However, has managed to amend the highway code to batter anything on the road with more than to wheels.

T.B

Mines due for renewal in May. Anyone had any big delays in recent weeks or has it been straightforward?

I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation in July 2020 and had to surrender my hgv/psv entitlement. Because of the pandemic,I had to wait until August 2021 to get it sorted.
I then had to wait for 3 months to ensure that everything was good. I applied to get my license reinstated mid December. Have heard nothing since.
I e-mailed DVLA on Monday through a dedicated gov.uk website for “essential workers”,got a reply yesterday. This was just a generic response which basically said we can’t tell you anything and don’t bother phoning because we will tell you the same.
I have a feeling that it will be another 2-3 months before I get it back. What an utter shambles.

I have been off the road and not earning for 2 months due to the wa…ers at D4 and the DVLA because they can not read a form correctly. I have a Code 01 on my license meaning I need to wear glasses to drive, ■■■■■■ at D4 gave my eye test without glasses, this caused the medical delay…

I did start and then deleted a post re DVLA failures when I saw this post, there was a YouTube video of this article released a few days ago https://youtu.be/PZZ8SqKcNwk
Any government run department like the DVLA do not like MPs getting involved with their department, any complaints that DVLA get, rarely gets sorted if it is from joe public, but a complaint though a constituents MP can do wonders to get the departments head a good kick up the backside to get things moving, and is always worth a try, even if they don’t represent the party you favour.

astanka:
Mines due for renewal in May. Anyone had any big delays in recent weeks or has it been straightforward?

Mine was straightforward.
Came back in about 10 days.
Didn’t bother sending it,recorded delivery…or taking photos etc.

commonrail:

astanka:

Mine was straightforward.
Came back in about 10 days.
Didn’t bother sending it,recorded delivery…or taking photos etc.

Hopefully will be the case for me then! Havent had the form through the post yet though so ill give it another week and TRY to chase after them

astanka:

Did my 5 yearly renewal and it was back in about 3 weeks and as i forgot that my photo had also expired it was actually returned in 5 days to enable me to add new photo to my application [emoji108]
Personally i couldn’t fault the service. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

If the DVLA is so bereft of staff, I wonder how they could explain why it’s lit up like a flaming Christmas tree seven nights a week?

Ah, wait a minute…the lights are on but nobody’s home. Just about sums them up.

astanka:

Mine was due to expire last October, 5 yearly medical needed.
Sent it all off with D4, (all good) 4 weeks before expiry same as I did 5 years previous to that.
That was 6 months ago. Not heard sod all since. They won’t answer emails, the phone line just says that basically there’s no one here and hangs up after a useless generic recorded message…
I’ve also written to them, again, ignored.
I’ve given up. :imp:
An absolute shower of s**t.