DVLA TO STOP OVER 35's APPLYING FOR LGV\PCV LICENCE = 2014

Whatever next?

The Government, under VOSA & DVLA (Traffic Commissioner) advice will bring out a new set of LGV \ PCV (hgv & psv) laws intended for 2014.

Under the ruling it is proposed that a (maximum) age limit be set for both LGV \ PCV (hgv & psv) of 35yrs old for NEW licence applicants.

Also anyone over the age 60 will NOT be allowed to continue driving or hold either LGV \ PCV vehicles entitlement from November 2014 regardless of medical or DCPC requirements met.

The age limit will stay at 18 (LGV), however, you will not be allowed to drive a C+E classification until three years after your pass date and must be accompanied by a qualified driver for a minimum of 90hrs driving time, who must hold the same category entitlements with a minimum of five years driving experience.

Have you noticed how this kind of nonsesne happens every year?

Are these actually coming in? or just advice? It all looks ridiculous.

I don’t understand the over 35 rule, what’s the reasoning? :open_mouth:

Where’s the source?

Hi,

Just had to edit the post, as Operators licence is something different to licence LGV \ PCV and didn’t want the post to get bogged down with that stuff.

I have a restricted operatrors licence mate, and have been reading up on the changes coming into force.

Ridiculous I agree - you just can’t make it up!

Just wondering how the C+E new license thing. Are they expecting them to get C+E then wait 3 years, or C and wait 3 years until C+E?

Even so this is just silly.

Still can’t understand the over 35’s? It’s almost as though they don’t want our money. :unamused:

There are changes abound within the LGV tests with weight limits being introduced.

The follow on is - Licence - then DCPC - and so on

They want your money alright!

I’ve sent you a PM mate with a link to the VOSA website in regards to the changes.

Happy April Fools Day !! lol

lmao nice one dude! :smiley: happy April fools!

The april fool is 8 mins too early

DVLA TO STOP OVER 35’s APPLYING FOR LGV\PCV LICENCE = 2014

by macci » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:52 pm

:grimacing:

ROG:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: that’s what I though

Ive heard there be Free Bacon Butties // Drop in and EAT for FREE

at the Northbound VOSA check point near Stafford on Wednesday.

// Get yours while stocks last // :laughing:

nick2008:
:mrgreen:

ROG:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: that’s what I though

Didn’t stop some people thinking it was real :smiley:

dar1976:

nick2008:
:mrgreen:

ROG:

Didn’t stop some people thinking it was real :smiley:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

ROG:

How you know his location Rog? There were loads of Australian April Fool gags on the radio yesterday! :stuck_out_tongue: