DVLA strike

Anybody waiting for licence etc…

Bleedin’ typical…

Innit, the one time they’ve got a cheque for £19 from me for my digicard renewal, they go on strike.

Mutter mutter grumble.

Seems a bit stupid to be doing this over a year after the restrictions came in and they sent lots of their workforce to work from home. (Honestly can’t see how that can be secure from a data point of view).

Sounds like lots of the staff getting used to working from home and now realising their cushy life is about to go back to normal with commuting etc, ie: just like the rest of us.

Maybe its time to “refresh” the staff as theres probably plenty without a job now who’d love a nice warm office job.

Sent my licence and medical application forms of to them 6 weeks ago with signed for proof of delivery have not heard anything, tried their automated call centre to chase my application up but can never get through or you are cut off also sent an email to the department concerned with no reply. Like trevHCS has said why go on strike now when the restrictions came in over a year ago Absolute shower …

trevHCS:
Seems a bit stupid to be doing this over a year after the restrictions came in and they sent lots of their workforce to work from home. (Honestly can’t see how that can be secure from a data point of view).

Sounds like lots of the staff getting used to working from home and now realising their cushy life is about to go back to normal with commuting etc, ie: just like the rest of us.

Maybe its time to “refresh” the staff as theres probably plenty without a job now who’d love a nice warm office job.

I thought they had a massive outbreak of covid in the main office, more than 200 positive if I remember correctly

drover:

trevHCS:

I thought they had a massive outbreak of covid in the main office, more than 200 positive if I remember correctly

Yeah I recall something similar. They weren’t working, not fully in the office anyway, then all got dragged back in with little Covid-19 precautions in place, then an outbreak happened.

Given how much drivers are known to stick together and defend their rights I’m surprised they’re being criticised… oh… there’s issue there isn’t there? Should they just be walked over like the majority of drivers or demand fairness, and even make a stand for it :open_mouth:

still waiting for my renewal…license expires 26.05.21 :confused:

Credit where…

It’s due. I have my new digicard in my sweaty little mitts right now.

DVLA emailed me reciept of my application, progress and despatch information throughout.

and some leaflet telling me not to drive tired

yourhavingalarf:
Credit where…

It’s due. I have my new digicard in my sweaty little mitts right now.

DVLA emailed me reciept of my application, progress and despatch information throughout.

and some leaflet telling me not to drive tired

Snap. 6 days from phone application to receipt.
Good service.

Maybe they should strike harder?
(Since I’m ok now)

drover:
Anybody waiting for licence etc…

DVLA, Swansea, staff on strike over Covid-19 safety | South Wales Argus

I have been waiting since 18th March sent forms and medical of and Zilch bugger all. My HGV runs out on 25th April, licence also runs out too these days silly really, also they say we can drive up to a year while waiting but if they don’t knowledge receipt of application how do we know we are covered ?. Also how can a prospective employer hire us ?. For others waiting for DSA practical tests no licence no
test ? Not very good at all.

One of our lads licence has run out, poor bugger has been forced to shunt this week. It’s my turn to shunt next week. Hope he’s not sorted by then! :grimacing:

My first annual renewal was due 7/4/21, sent the application in 1st April.
Checking online they’ve renewed from today until 20/4/22, happy days.

My digi runs out mid June. I called them up last Friday first thing, renewed, paid over the phone and it came in Tuesdays post.

You can drive while your licence is being renewed if you meet all of the following conditions:

you have not been told by your doctor or optician that you should not drive

you had a valid licence

you only drive under the conditions of the previous licence

your application is less than a year old

your last licence was not revoked or refused for medical reasons

you’re not currently disqualified

you were not disqualified as a high risk offender on or after 1 June 2013

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

mbax81:
My digi runs out mid June. I called them up last Friday first thing, renewed, paid over the phone and it came in Tuesdays post.

I just did mine today on the phone, took half hour to get through. Just baffles me why when you can tax a car online you can’t pay for a tacho card. Either post a cheque (two things I never do) or ring them up adding to their busy workload.