Dvla sending my license back, how long?

Hi I passed my test 2 weeks ago however couldn’t send my license off until this Friday just gone as I had my mod 4. So sent it away as soon as I passed my mod 4, how long on average do you think it will take to come back as I want to get my c+e booked ASAP as I have been very lucky to get a conditional job offer via a family friend if I can get c+e in next couple of months. I have the money for a course and retest if needed (fingers crossed). I no it’s only been 5 days but I’m worried about time elapsing and loosing this opportunity :frowning:

Mine came back in exactly a week, they say allow up to 3 though.

Mine was just over 3 weeks. However the snow was probably a factor.

samc1992:
Hi I passed my test 2 weeks ago however couldn’t send my license off until this Friday just gone as I had my mod 4. So sent it away as soon as I passed my mod 4, how long on average do you think it will take to come back as I want to get my c+e booked ASAP as I have been very lucky to get a conditional job offer via a family friend if I can get c+e in next couple of months. I have the money for a course and retest if needed (fingers crossed). I no it’s only been 5 days but I’m worried about time elapsing and loosing this opportunity :frowning:

If doing CE with same company that did C then they should allow you to do the training but not advisable to book the test until the licence is back from DVLA

Mine took exactly a week from passing on both occasions as 1968kg said. After the test the testers kept mine and sent it off for me, not sure if this sped things up■■?

If doing CE with same company that did C then t
hey should allow you to do the training but not advisable to book the test until the licence is back from DVLA

Very dodgy. The candidate has no provisional licence until it’s been issued so to start training without sight of the licence could well be illegal. And what’s the point when the test cant be booked?

We generally book CE 3 to 4 weeks after the C pass and we’ve yet to have a problem with the licence coming back.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

hey should allow you to do the training but not advisable to book the test until the licence is back from DVLA

Very dodgy. The candidate has no provisional licence until it’s been issued so to start training without sight of the licence could well be illegal. And what’s the point when the test cant be booked?

We generally book CE 3 to 4 weeks after the C pass and we’ve yet to have a problem with the licence coming back.

The driver has the legal right to drive C as soon as the pass cert is issued and at that moment they also have CE provisional unless DVLA has stated that the medical does not cover that for some reason - never know it myself but many years ago I heard of a driver who was restricted to HGV 3 and 2 for medical reasons

Waiting for the licence to come back is the safest option though

ROG:

Peter Smythe:

The driver has the legal right to drive C as soon as the pass cert is issued and at that moment they also have CE provisional unless DVLA has stated that the medical does not cover that for some reason - never know it myself but many years ago I heard of a driver who was restricted to HGV 3 and 2 for medical reasons

Waiting for the licence to come back is the safest option though

I was told when I passed that the certificate was not a license.

DJC:
I was told when I passed that the certificate was not a license.

That is correct but the moment you get that cert means you have the legal right to drive whatever it was you passed - that goes for car as well as lgv

I dont think any company would let a new starter drive ,unless they could take a copy of your liscence ! :unamused:
Anyway back the the op’s question , we had a girl just started with us had her training paid thru the job centre ,she had her c+e test last fri and her liscense arrived exactly a week later .
cheers Mike

Took over a month for me to get my class 2 licence back (June 2012, had to ring them in the end)

Class 1 licence was with me within 7 days.