DVLA on the ball or skint atm?

Had a letter through the door from the DVLA saying I need to renew my licence photo, only renewed it in 2010 :confused:
Expiry says 2020 :unamused:

They changed the rules so that photocards expire every 5 years now, but thought that was only for ‘current’ licences, i.e. those issued since the change was brought it. Can’t see how they can force you to ‘renew’ after 5 years when you have a licence issued under the old rules.

Unless, have you just had a birthday and now require a medical / medical renewal ?

To answer your other question. Aye, it’s a scam! The government is skint, so they are trying to find as many ways as fleecing us as possible. Changing the photocard renewal on period on vocational licences is just a stealth tax on truck / bus drivers. Or am i being cynical ? :unamused:

Like car tax, you sell you can’t take it with you but you loose a month on the refund and the new purchased car looses a month. :imp:

Drift:
Like car tax, you sell you can’t take it with you but you loose a month on the refund and the new purchased car looses a month. :imp:

Supposedly, to their credit (and to my astonishment), they will now be refunding a proper - pro-rata amount, they’ve scrapped the V14 tax refund form, it’s all done online and the refund is, again, supposedly, issued from the date of the sale.

I say supposedly, because it’s the DVLA. It’s entirely possible they are ■■■■■■■■■■■■ us, and or will screw it up and keep most of the cash anyway !

Chris1207:

Drift:

Supposedly, to their credit (and to my astonishment), they will now be refunding a proper - pro-rata amount, they’ve scrapped the V14 tax refund form, it’s all done online and the refund is, again, supposedly, issued from the date of the sale.

I say supposedly, because it’s the DVLA. It’s entirely possible they are [zb] us, and or will screw it up and keep most of the cash anyway !

Sorry, full months only - from 1st of thr month. ie sell on 7th July - refund from 1st August; buy on 27th July - tax due from 1st July. Read the official blurb VERY carefully!

Steve

I was just angry, I had to tax a car yesterday, I had no choice :imp: