DVLA Mess up

Just passed my C+E 29 april 10
Examiner sent my licence off to Swansea.

Got it back today with NO new catagory on :imp: and to them it was my Class 2 i passed on 29-april 10 :imp: Which i Have had since 1999.
I need it asap as registerd with agy and they need copy of it to get me work■■?

Lucky enough i have the pass cert but the lad i spoke to said it would take 2 month to rectify :imp: :imp: :imp: :question: :question: :question:

When I did my CE in 08 they didn’t put my trailer entitlement on with my D as I laready had a full D on.

I sent it back and it came back all OK bar… my C1+E now being provisional. I left it at that, obv my CE over rules this anyway. Strange how often you hear about mess ups with licences.

Surley wont take 2 month to put right?

Daross:
Surley wont take 2 month to put right?

I can’t see any reason for this either, you’ve got the certificate so it should be a fairly simple procedure IMO.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Daross :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
If you still have you licence with you and your pass certificate here is how to proceed and get your licence back in the usual time…

SCAN both sides of your licence (both parts) and your test pass certificate
Print them off but keep copies on your PC

Get a ‘professional person’ such as a doctor, teacher, policeperson, company director etc to sign those copies as being true copies of the originals - take originals with you if you do this - your choice if practical to do so.

Send off your licence (both parts) & the pass certificate to DVLA but include a Stamped Self Addressed Envelope with a request to have your original licence and pass certificate sent back to you.

That should sort it :slight_smile:

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Daross:

Got it back today with NO new catagory on :imp: and to them it was my Class 2 i passed on 29-april 10 :imp: Which i Have had since 1999.

Lucky enough i have the pass cert but the lad i spoke to said it would take 2 month to rectify :imp: :imp: :imp: :question: :question: :question:

where did you get the time machine from to pass on 29 april 10 :question:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Daross:

I always photocopy any license I send to the D.V.L.A, this was after an incident i read about a few years back when a old paper license was sent in by someone and his motorcycle entitlement was left off. He only discovered this when he was stopped by the police for a routine check. The guy in question ended up having to re-take his test, as he had no proof he held the entitlement. They have, I believe improved over the years but no system is foolproof, it’s scary to think this could happen but it does. I know a photocopy is not the best evidence but it’s better than nothing.

Daross:

Are you sure?

First i heard of an examiner doing that.

Sorry 29 March :blush: :blush: :blush:

Yeah Examiner says he would send it of and he has coz i got it back but with entitelments all messed up.
DVLA says they have two class 2 pass cert’s on my record but the cart i have says CE so hopefully send it of today.
ps
I have located my old plastic licence with my class2 on as passed in 1999 as i had to update mug shot :sunglasses: debating to send as proof :question:

Daross:

Driveroneuk:
Are you sure?

First i heard of an examiner doing that.

Standard practice at the end of a practical driving test and passing that test.

The examiner ASKS if you would like them to deal with the licence and if yes then the examiner marks the sheet with a tick in a box that says they have done so.

The DSA have a system in place which allows them to send details to the DVLA electronically

Ah well that’s new since i was presenting candidates. When did that come in?

Driveroneuk:

No idea - it was the case in 2005 but don’t know how much earlier than that it started

ROG:

Driveroneuk:

No idea - it was the case in 2005 but don’t know how much earlier than that it started

I reckon it was at about that time then ROG, cos I instructed in 2004/5ish, but I seem to remember (IIRC) that system being rolled out gradually with not all test stations offering to submit licences and test pass certificates at the same time.