DVLA licence renewals

6 weeks ago I sent my licence back to the DVLA for renewal after my medical.
After the 6 weeks I was getting a bit worried when it didn’t come back so I phoned them yesterday.
After being passed from department. to department. I finally found someone who knew what I was talking about.
They said it had not been processed yet because there was a backlog.
It made me wonder just how many 69year olds are there applying for an HGV licence,■■? :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Hope it’s processed before you kick the bucket. :laughing:

rocky 7:
After the 6 weeks I was getting a bit worried when it didn’t come back so I phoned them yesterday.
After being passed from department. to department. I finally found someone who knew what I was talking about.
It made me wonder just how many 69year olds are there applying for an HGV licence,■■? :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

You’ll probably get a visit from men in white coats wanting to know why you want to renew your licence at your age.

sent mine away about the same time haven,t had it back yet phoned twice and was told it,s been passed onto the medical dept and theres a backlog , they can,t say how long it will be but they will send you a letter out in case you have to produce your licence :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I had an interview for my present job on a Wednesday, they asked me if I could ship out on the Sunday but I was waiting for my license to come back after 4 weeks, I rang the number on the part of the form you keep after writing you driver number on it, the first person I spoke to said I was ok to drive but asked a supervisor when I told him I had to have it with me when in another country. He said I was right and when did I need it as it’s buried in the pile, told him I’m going Sunday so need it in Saturday’s post… It was Thursday morning when I rang so didn’t fancy my chances. He said he would see what he could do but couldn’t promise anything… Saturday there it was on my door mat. Good job as I got stopped on the way back in France.

The important thing to always do when renewing any licence, being Photo / LGV medical / Digi card etc. Is to always make a copy of the one that is to expire (sent away) and when you send them to Swansea always send them registered or recorded so you can prove you have reapplied. As long as you have applied then it is ok to carry on driving.

rocky 7:

They probably have a special department for 69 year olds that is staffed by 69 year olds, they only get a few applications a week but cant remember what to do with them! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Please , please double check your category’s have been kept on your licence.
One off our drivers changed address and for some unknown reason when he got it back his cat2 was not on it, he missed it, office missed in with periodic checks and even the POLICE missed it (spot check at road side)
BUT he was stopped again and a more observant cop noticed he didn’t have a licence to drive vech !!!
Truck GV9’d on the spot, company fined to realise truck,driver still hasn’t got his cat’s back on (nearly a month now) .
Transport manager charged with alowing him to take a vech out with out licence etc,
Big cluster ■■■■ up,
Big investigation at DVLA trying to find out Why this happened !

Had medical last week, licence back today

This is why you should always copy your licence before sending.

Fallmonk:
Please , please double check your category’s have been kept on your licence.
One off our drivers changed address and for some unknown reason when he got it back his cat2 was not on it, he missed it, office missed in with periodic checks and even the POLICE missed it (spot check at road side)
BUT he was stopped again and a more observant cop noticed he didn’t have a licence to drive vech !!!
Truck GV9’d on the spot, company fined to realise truck,driver still hasn’t got his cat’s back on (nearly a month now) .
Transport manager charged with alowing him to take a vech out with out licence etc,
Big cluster [zb] up,
Big investigation at DVLA trying to find out Why this happened !

A few years ago DVLA started removing provisional licence entitlement from licences and then charging to reinstate them. Another moneymaking scam.

waddy640:

rocky 7:

You’ll probably get a visit from men in white coats wanting to know why you want to renew your licence at your age.

To show you younguns how to drive properly LOL :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just renewed mine sent monday recorded delivery, new licence delivered on the friday, credit where due.

rocky 7:

hi rocky like u i posted my renewal around six weeks ago rang them 2 weeks ago & they sent me a permit to drive while my application is prossesed regards-alan

revman:

rocky 7:

hi rocky like u i posted my renewal around six weeks ago rang them 2 weeks ago & they sent me a permit to drive while my application is prossesed regards-alan

Got home last night and there was my licence at last. so I got it before I popped my clogs. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I had to renew my photo on my licence this week. Licence sent off last Friday and new licence received today. But, last year I had to send licence off to change address, took over 7wks, due to them deciding it was about time they reviewed my medical situation. Was passed from dept to dept, each one giving a different story about how long it would take. It got to the point that they were going to revoke my C1 on the basis that their medical panel had decided that I wasn’t fit to drive. It was just luck that I’d had an appointment with a consultant for a review, I’ve got a heart condition called Long QT Syndrome, and have been refused LGV provisional in the past because of it (got my C1 with my car licence). The consultant had done the usual ECG and Ultrasound, and I’d asked for his advice as to whether I was fit for LGV provisional, so he’d gone away and made enquiries. Anyway, long story cut short, DVLA backed down on taking away my C1.

Being aware that you have Long QT could save your life, my son-in-law wasn’t and died aged 36.