DVLA licence process time

I passed my class 2 on November 1st, stupidly sent my licence and pass test certificate straight to DVLA to get my class 2 entitlement put onto my licence.
Its been 3 weeks and 1 day, I have called the DVLA and they say they have no information for me regarding the licence, they cant confirm anything.

Anyone know what I can do, how long did others have to wait for licence to come back.

I need my licence back to do my CPC, no major rush I’m working a 3 month in my current job. However I would still like some assurance from the DVLA its being processed.

The check your licence section of the DVLA website still says “unclaimed pass test certificate” for class 2

Its just frustrating that they cant give any information about it at all.

3 weeks,class 2
2 and a half class 1
You should have let the examiner send it .did you photocopy it or get the ref number off it?

Albert1:
3 weeks,class 2
2 and a half class 1
You should have let the examiner send it .did you photocopy it or get the ref number off it?

I have its reference number, yeah I should have however wasn’t thinking straight at the time as I’d just passed an was over the moon.

mine took just over 3 weeks but you can check if its been put on with this link https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licencemine come back 2 days after it when on if its a help

This is literally doing my nut in as well. I only passed last Thursday (c+e) however I got the examiner to send it off. Currently the dvla website still says c+e provisional. Like you I need to do my cpc mod 2+4 as well which is incredibly irritating as I was made redundant and have no work until I get the bloody license back. I know it’s been less then a week for me but I really need it to start driving work gaaaaahh :frowning:

I passed my test on the 30th September and I got my licence back in the last week of October and my CPC card the week after.

Regards,

R

They have told me they received it on the 4th and forwarded it to valid department on the 7th, so they say the 3 weeks timescale starts from the 7th.
So I should expect it for the 28th

They seem to be on a go slow at DVLA at the moment. When I sent my D4 medical off in August they turned it around in a week !

DJR1:
They seem to be on a go slow at DVLA at the moment. When I sent my D4 medical off in August they turned it around in a week !

Me too my d4 was back in around 1 week.

thehig:

DJR1:

Me too my d4 was back in around 1 week.

D4 takes no time at all. They dont give you a new driving licence. They just update your entitlement and send it back. Pointless if you ask me.

As for the turnaround time on an updated licence, I think it is pretty poor that it takes 3 weeks but I suppose thats how long it takes them. Unfortunately they dont loose any money due to time taken but we do.

I actually phoned the DVLA to ask where my license was. Apprently it is updated immediately as you have passed and shows this on their system. Mine is showing as passed on the 17th which is great but where’s my license and why does It not update on the public page, surely it is case or should be a case of doing it automatically. Weirdly they said my updated license has been sent out today while the public page has not been updated :neutral_face: . Honestly for such a big government organisation their admin is a bit slow, unless taking my money… then they are lightning quick…