DVLA/heart attack

After 20 plus years on the road have to give it all up cause they say!!! Been fun while it was on shame but chin up as they say!!! :frowning:

I had a severe heart attack in 2007, three stents fitted at the time and then a triple bypass 3 months later. I lost my vocational licence for 6 months. After taking a fitness test I was granted my HGV back.
It is not out of the realms of possibility to get yours back. Take your medication, lose some weight, get a little fitter and press your cardiologist for a Myocardial Perfusion Scan. If all is well, this will help convince the DVLA that you are not a risk.

Len, one door shuts another one opens …

Twoninety88 is right. I had a heart attack back in 1997, when I was a boy of 51 - and it changed my life, for the better. Concentrate on getting yourself back to being as fit as you can be, work at getting over the shock and surprise of it all, and you can do anything you want to. Good luck to you!

THANKS for the reply lads nobody knows whats on the other side of the hill!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok so you had a heart attack, but what was the outcome of the treatment. Have you had stents fitted? are you booked for a bypass? if it was a mild one what has the doctor told you?

The DVLA will pull your licence for at least 3 months following this occurrence, but it is not game over by far.