DVLA Delays

Whilst I do not drive an LGV or PCV, I am still waiting for the return of my car licence after having it suspended for a year on medical grounds.
I applied 8 weeks ahead of the due date (the maximum), they did not get the application on the system until 3 weeks later, they sent (so they said) a questionnaire to my doctor who did not receive it. I chased this up, my GP got the questionnaire completed it and returned it the next day. Now DVLA say they cannot confirm receipt for 7 then 10 days.
I am lucky, I do not need my licence for work, but how many of you are on sick pay, or worse out of work waiting for licences due to Swansea’s incompetence.
I am starting to put a file together on the cost of lethargy at Swansea.
PS They were on strike today - another day lost!!

yep am waiting, and getting a bit [zb] off em, evtime i call i get a diffrent story from em :imp: :imp:

mi13ke:
Whilst I do not drive an LGV or PCV, I am still waiting for the return of my car licence after having it suspended for a year on medical grounds.
I applied 8 weeks ahead of the due date (the maximum), they did not get the application on the system until 3 weeks later, they sent (so they said) a questionnaire to my doctor who did not receive it. I chased this up, my GP got the questionnaire completed it and returned it the next day. Now DVLA say they cannot confirm receipt for 7 then 10 days.
I am lucky, I do not need my licence for work, but how many of you are on sick pay, or worse out of work waiting for licences due to Swansea’s incompetence.

I know what your going through as it happened to me after an accident,14 months i waited and it was all down to my ex doctor telling dvla i blacked out at the wheel of my car. Now no hgv but had to fight to be able to drive a car. Thats not the best of it,i moved to wetherby over a year ago. I sent my license off to have points on for mobile phone offence and it was sent via selby police station and was given the usual reciept. My license is lost somewhere in the system,i cant change my address and here goes, IF I WANT MY DRIVING LICENCE I MUST PAY FOR IT AS ITS LOST.
The police or the dvla lost it .

mi13ke:
but how many of you are on sick pay, or worse out of work waiting for licences due to Swansea’s incompetence.

yes I am in the same boat the last thing they told me was they needed more info from the hospital and to give it two weeks, I waited the two weeks and phoned again only to be told they are on strike so will try again today. But I bet I cannot get a straight yes/no answer out of them and it will be more waiting.

I rang swansea friday to see where my licence hs gone,and was told its in the system :question: “don’t know what the toilet got to do with it” :laughing: but any way they sent me out a certifi"oh bugger"a bit of paper A4,told to carry that around with me :exclamation: :exclamation: that wil be fine,don’t know about the photo id part off it,plus can’t push it in the digi tacho’s,it won’t fit :question: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: .can’t wait to use it to show the rozza’s or the english MAFIA “vosa’ria” :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: in their olive oil powered jeloppy’s :wink:

well i got the all clear too return driving, that was 5 weeks to the day after my exercise test

scotstrucker:
well i got the all clear too return driving, that was 5 weeks to the day after my exercise test

You done well there. I am still waiting all I get from them is give it another two weeks and call again.