DVLA delays

Hi all

I sent my D2 & D4 forms to the DVLA over three weeks ago and they signed for them on the 21st July. I’ve heard nothing and the online licence check still shows no updates. As it’s not an option to phone them at the moment I’m wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I was led to believe they were prioritising lgv applications but that might not be true…

Thanks
Jon

That’s odd as my experience with DVLA last week sending off for tacho card was completely the opposite.

Posted it off on a saturday with a cheque and got my shiny new card back on either Thursday or friday! I was expecting it to take ages.

Can’t see how the cheque even cleared in that time.

I’ve always believed that they have a heap of applications on the desk. And if they clear the heap each day, job’s a good’n. But if it’s not cleared, then the next days’ applications go on top. This may not be true, but it seems that way.

Overall, DVLA have massively improved their service. But there’s still glitches.

Sorry that’s no help at all, but it’s the best I can do.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I have found officialdom has worked better during the Covid Crisis.

From HMRC, DVLA, Blue Badge. Passport Office and even DWP.

It seems as though they are better manning the phones and email rather than dealing with members of the public.

My reply doesn’t help you either, but its made my life easier. :stuck_out_tongue:

jonatkins:
Hi all

I sent my D2 & D4 forms to the DVLA over three weeks ago and they signed for them on the 21st July. I’ve heard nothing and the online licence check still shows no updates. As it’s not an option to phone them at the moment I’m wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I was led to believe they were prioritising lgv applications but that might not be true…

Thanks
Jon

Hi Jon, you are right that DVLA are prioritising vocational licences but I believe their number one priority is dealing with renewals so if you are applying for your provisional this may explain the delay. Although it is difficult to get hold of DVLA you could try the Drivers Medical Group on 0300 790 6806, they usually pick up the phone after a few attempts. They may be able to help although I couldn’t guarantee it.
Ryan
D4Drivers.

Thanks Ryan

Hopefully that will help, I’ll give them a try

Jon

Somewhat related to this topic I hope.

Where did you get your D2 form from? DVLA’s site says they’re not sending them out due to Covid and local post office doesn’t have any.

(Asking for a friend)

Where did you get your D2 form from?

All good driving schools keep a stock of D2 and D4 forms.

Peter Smythe:

Where did you get your D2 form from?

All good driving schools keep a stock of D2 and D4 forms.

Thanks Pete, I’ll pass it on.

I think his plan is to sort the theory stuff out himself and then find a training place for the practicals.

Naturally I’ll mention your place as I passed there, if you’re still doing the free accomodation thing with Covid going on these days?

4.5 weeks for me since my d2+d4 forms were sent off.
they were sent off by my training provider who offer an initial package that covers medical, sending off forms, theory training and test, and your first driving assessment.
just rang the training provider to chase up, who confirmed they send forms recorded delivery, and suggested chasing the dvla.
just checked my licence on the dvla website and my provisional entitlements do not show yet, so time to ring dvla, and god knows if i will get a human on the phone or not.

d_arren.w:
they were sent off by my training provider who offer an initial package that covers medical, sending off forms, theory training and test, and your first driving assessment.
just rang the training provider to chase up, who confirmed they send forms recorded delivery, and suggested chasing the dvla.
just checked my licence on the dvla website and my provisional entitlements do not show yet, so time to ring dvla, and god knows if i will get a human on the phone or not.

Hi Darren

I managed to get through to them on the number that Ryan posted (above). All they would tell me is that they logged my application on the 30th July (so 9 days after they signed for it). Then it goes to the medical team (due to the D4 form) and they are currently taking approx 3 weeks from there. On that basis yours shouldn’t be too far off. (If you do ring them on the medical team number don’t take any of the options on the message just keep holding and it will put you through to an adviser. (That’s the only way I could get through)…

Good Luck and keep checking on the dvla website though as you can book your theory etc as soon as they’ve done it!

I sent mine off Monday and entitlements were added Friday. Got theory tests booked for 11th September so hopefully my license will be back by then :smiley:

Hi

Posted my D2 form on Sat 1st August and got my new licence on the 14th August. However I did,nt send in a D4. I have just had my licence re-instated after allowing it to lapse several years ago. I got through to DVLA on Sat 1st and was told I did,nt need medical form to re-instate as they were issuing 12 month licence. True to their word got my licence which expires on 11th August 2021. Gives me time to get medical done and send off for 5 year licence. Sent of for my Tacho card this morning. CPC next.

Andy1969:
I sent mine off Monday and entitlements were added Friday. Got theory tests booked for 11th September so hopefully my license will be back by then :smiley:

Was that including a D4 medical form?

Naturally I’ll mention your place as I passed there, if you’re still doing the free accomodation thing with Covid going on these days?

Yes, free accommodation to folks living more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW. And you still get 10% discount.

jonatkins:

Andy1969:

Was that including a D4 medical form?

Yes mate D4 as well as D2 I was surprised it was done so quickly. As soon as it was online I booked theorys. Hope you hear something soon

jonatkins:

d_arren.w:

Hi Darren

I managed to get through to them on the number that Ryan posted (above). All they would tell me is that they logged my application on the 30th July (so 9 days after they signed for it). Then it goes to the medical team (due to the D4 form) and they are currently taking approx 3 weeks from there.
On that basis yours shouldn’t be too far off. (If you do ring them on the medical team number don’t take any of the options on the message just keep holding and it will put you through to an adviser. (That’s the only way I could get through)…

Good Luck and keep checking on the dvla website though as you can book your theory etc as soon as they’ve done it!

thanks jon, just ignoring the options worked and I got through to somebody today.

well today is 5 weeks since my driving school sent off my forms, i was beginning to wonder if they had been sent at all, but dvla agent on phone has confirmed my provisional entitlements are currently being processed, she could see on her system that my medical info had arrived with medical team for processing on 10th aug, but that she could not give me a date for completion because there are severe delays at the moment due to covid.

based on what you told me about it taking 3 weeks from date of medical team receiving your d4, that would mean im due to get my provisional entitlements added around 31 aug, and if thats the way it goes then it will be almost 7 weeks from sending forms to seeing prov entitlements on licence.

Andy1969 is very lucky to get his licence back after 1 week, and I guess I am one of the unlucky ones waiting 6+ weeks.

d_arren.w:

jonatkins:

d_arren.w:

Hi Darren

I managed to get through to them on the number that Ryan posted (above). All they would tell me is that they logged my application on the 30th July (so 9 days after they signed for it). Then it goes to the medical team (due to the D4 form) and they are currently taking approx 3 weeks from there.
On that basis yours shouldn’t be too far off. (If you do ring them on the medical team number don’t take any of the options on the message just keep holding and it will put you through to an adviser. (That’s the only way I could get through)…

thanks jon, just ignoring the options worked and I got through to somebody today.

well today is 5 weeks since my driving school sent off my forms, i was beginning to wonder if they had been sent at all, but dvla agent on phone has confirmed my provisional entitlements are currently being processed, she could see on her system that my medical info had arrived with medical team for processing on 10th aug, but that she could not give me a date for completion because there are severe delays at the moment due to covid.

based on what you told me about it taking 3 weeks from date of medical team receiving your d4, that would mean im due to get my provisional entitlements added around 31 aug, and if thats the way it goes then it will be almost 7 weeks from sending forms to seeing prov entitlements on licence.

Andy1969 is very lucky to get his licence back after 1 week, and I guess I am one of the unlucky ones waiting 6+ weeks.

Jonatkins

&

d_arren.w

Sorry to hear you’ve both been waiting so long hope you hear soon and get driving in the near future all the best Andy

Mine finally got updated this morning. I found out by checking on the DVSA book your theory website as the lgv options came up this morning. The view your licence website has now also been updated so all good.

I’ve managed to book my theory and hazard perception tests for the first week in Sept too so not too bad and reasonably local to me.

I hope yours comes through soon Darren.

Thanks
Jon

jonatkins:
Mine finally got updated this morning. I found out by checking on the DVSA book your theory website as the lgv options came up this morning. The view your licence website has now also been updated so all good.

I’ve managed to book my theory and hazard perception tests for the first week in Sept too so not too bad and reasonably local to me.

I hope yours comes through soon Darren.

Thanks
Jon

thanks jon. ■■■■ covid situation wrecking every aspect of life! lol…