DVLA D4 Medical 'problem'!

Unfortunately, after sending off my D2 & D4 completed forms off with my driving licenses to the DVLA, they have now sent a letter after 3 weeks of waiting for my license stating the following;

''The medical adviser is considering your fitness to drive and has decided that we need to write to your Doctor for further information.

''When we receive the reply our medical adviser will then consider you fitness to drive.

‘‘This may take some time but as soon as a decision has been made we will let you know’’

I then contacted the DVLA to ask them why as I have never had any health problems, nor do I smoke or take drugs and the medical itself was completed less then 5 mins with the Doctor so how can the DVLA send this letter to me?!

They guy confirmed that this is a ‘normal procedure’ what happens at times so not to worry about it and if I don’t receive any information within the next 2-3 weeks, give them a call to get an update.

I have been revising for my theory test for around 6 weeks now and I have to wait until I receive my license untill I can book the test!

Has anyone had the same problem? Is this a ‘normal procedure’? And why would they want to do the above with someone who is perfectly fine with regards to health??

Surely the Doctor would have ‘failed’ me if there was a problem…?

Cheers, Charlie

There’s 2 likely scenarios. The doctor may have ticked the wrong box by mistake or there is an issue that the doctor, for whatever reason, decided not to discuss with you.

I know this is little help - but be assured that this is “normal procedure” when there is anything out of the ordinary with the medical form. Stay on the case, carry on revising, and best of luck with it all.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yep it can be “normal procedure” but you were lucky as you did get a letter after only 3 weeks that was quite quick for DVLA

As Pete said your Dr may have ticked a box by mistake & yep defo keep onto them but dont expect much tbh all they will keep saying is it is the hands of the medical officer trust me have been there it only took them 4 mth to sort mine out I was a little “economical” :wink: when talking to them 1 day & surprise 3 days later my licence drops through the letter box :unamused:

All they had been doing was stalling me as they did have all the info they needed

Good luck as you may need it sorry to say

animal:
it only took them 4 mth to sort mine out

Is that all? I’ve been waiting nearly 8 months now, had the ‘we need more info’ letters from them, at least 3 times, and now am waiting in the queue for the medical officer to look at my case, must have been in that queue at least 4 times in the past. I can’t understand why, when they need more information, that they then put you to the back of the queue each time, instead of getting the info and then looking at your case straight away. When I rang them last week, my case had been passed to the medical officer on the 22nd December, and he was looking at cases from the 4th of December. The DVLA is a joke.

It could be simply a low score on the Snellen test or slightly raised blood pressure on the day, or the doctor has mentioned that nervous twitch you have :wink:

I drove on a DVLA letter for almost 18 months without having a licence

SuffolkLad:

animal:
it only took them 4 mth to sort mine out

Is that all? I’ve been waiting nearly 8 months now, had the ‘we need more info’ letters from them, at least 3 times, and now am waiting in the queue for the medical officer to look at my case, must have been in that queue at least 4 times in the past. I can’t understand why, when they need more information, that they then put you to the back of the queue each time, instead of getting the info and then looking at your case straight away. When I rang them last week, my case had been passed to the medical officer on the 22nd December, and he was looking at cases from the 4th of December. The DVLA is a joke.

i had that was told 3 month backlog my situation is different they made there decsison without looking at my medical records how ■■■■■■■ great is that bunch of retards

Like I said I was a little “Economical” :wink: :laughing: when I phoned them 1 day as I knew what they were like

animal:
Like I said I was a little “Economical” :wink: :laughing: when I phoned them 1 day as I knew what they were like

thats all fair and well but is it worth it if anything happened?

peewee:

animal:

thats all fair and well but is it worth it if anything happened?

As they had all my medical notes from less than 6mth before & there had been no incidents then I would say it was fair as every week when I phoned they told me something different so they didnt really know anything & I knew that everything was ok or wouldnt have gone for medical even my own GP & consultant agreed & had written to them or so they say

I have been proven wright as well but the point is they were just holding onto it for no reason as if they didnt think I should have it they wouldnt have sen it back so quick simple