duty time

at my work we get 20 mins at the end of the day for paper work or what ever after we have pulled the card.

now my question is … if i do a 15hr day and pull my card after 15hrs dead on can i still book my extra 20 mins. we have to add on the card.

also we have to mark on the front of the card start of duty and end of duty but if i do a 15 then mark on end of duty so it shows 15hrs 20 mins.

the sames goes for if i do a 13 then add the extra 20 mins does that mean ive broken into a 15.

15 HOUR MAX SHIFT AS YOU MUST HAVE A MIN 9 HOURS OFF IN 24

That 20 mins IS duty time

Technically if you pull your card at 15h dead then you need to drop everything as your shift has to finish there and then. The extra 20mins you are recording count as duty time and so with that added you can’t get your minimum 9h rest in during that 24h period and so you could end up in trouble.

jessicas dad:
the sames goes for if i do a 13 then add the extra 20 mins does that mean ive broken into a 15.

Yep, the 20min counts as duty time so you aren’t going to get 11h of rest in during that 24h period so it’s a reduced rest.

Paul

i was told the company can’t pay you as they know you have broke the law by doing 15 hrs 20 mins should be a night out or park up 20 mins early or do your paper work next day

jessicas dad:
at my work we get 20 mins at the end of the day for paper work or what ever after we have pulled the card.

now my question is … if i do a 15hr day and pull my card after 15hrs dead on can i still book my extra 20 mins. we have to add on the card.

also we have to mark on the front of the card start of duty and end of duty but if i do a 15 then mark on end of duty so it shows 15hrs 20 mins.

the sames goes for if i do a 13 then add the extra 20 Min’s does that mean Ive broken into a 15.

the best answer to that is don’t do your paper work at the end of the day unless its you last day of the week. you could fill in the important bits than complete the rest when you stop for a tip

Or if you are to do the paper work at the end then the end of your shift is

A for a 13 hour day 12 hours 40 Min’s
B for a 15 hour day 14 hours 40 Min’s

which gives you time for your paper work

and if you book that 20 Min’s work ather your shift you would have to do a manual entry when you put your card back in which would then show an infringement

thanks for the replys i just do 14 hr 40 mins then add my 20 mins but ive been argueing with drivers on it and i thought i was right.