Dutch wide load

I saw this in Newcastle-u-Lyme a few weeks ago. It was one of three, all pulling the same type of load. What puzzles me, is how do these guys get stuff like this round corners without demolishing most of the street? Mirrors must be no use and the trailers were about 60ft long with rear-steering axles. It must be nothing other than pure skill…

Good snap Deaks.
Wonder how much his ferry ticket cost? :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

one of the reasons is the steering axles on the trailers,but the main factor is the experience of those who carry out this type of work, this why they earn so good a wage,

Good pic Deaks :smiley:

What a job, :open_mouth:
blind side reversing whichever way you look at it
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

brit pete:
one of the reasons is the steering axles on the trailers,but the main factor is the experience of those who carry out this type of work, this why they earn so good a wage,

I (and a fair-sized crowd of others) watched him go round the reasonably wide curve to take the first exit off the roundabout and head down the A34. Even using all (and I mean, ALL) the available room with his unit, the steering-axle trailer only just missed the curb. You’ve got to take your hat off to these guys, haven’t ya? They definitely earn their money.

uvox82:
Good snap Deaks.
Wonder how much his ferry ticket cost?

Thanks. I dread to think how much it costs to take one of these on the ferry, considering you could probably get about six wagons in the kind of space this would occupy. And there were three of these loads in convoy at the time, all being pulled by Dutch trucks… It must cost the manufacturer a small fortune to have something like this transported.

Interesting pic :sunglasses:

if you want to see somemore of this companies photos look on www.bolk.nl a great web site for heavy haulage fans

Dunno about skill, that thing isn’t circular anymore, he’s already knocked a bit of both sides and the top. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

The majority of Dutch low loaders are made by a firm called NOTEBOOM and they can do all sorts of things.
You can raise them, lengthen them, bend them, and all sorts of other things.
They are more versatile than most and can do the job most efficiently.