Dutch speed limits

Recently started doing more Dutch work and have noticed that most of the cloggies seem to run at 85.
Have I missed something and is this the speed limit over 7.5t in Dutch, or is it something to do with the ‘lean and green’ stickers a lot of them are sporting now?
Used to be the clogs and spainish were the flyers back in the day!!!

Plenty of trucks are still rapid in Holland chap. Maybe some companies are restricting them for the same reasons here!

In Netherlands there is the same speed limit than in germany…generell maximum 80 km/h…and it´s the limit for every Lorry from 7,5t up to 40 t and more…
I know that the most trucks drive faster, but it´s only luck that they don´t catch them…
The Tolerance in Netherlands is maximum 83 or 84…
For cars and transporter/van etc…there is a speed limit of maximum 120 km/h on the most motorways…only on some motorways are signs where it´s allowed to drive 130 km/h.

one of ours got fined last week for doing 85kph it cost him 227 euros, 220 for speeding and 7 euros for administration charge

The Dutch old bill used to be fairly lenient too, I remember coming back through Holland in the late 80s, cruising at 100km/h ish and one of their Porsche Targas came alongside with the roof section taken out and the driver and passenger with their Biggles helmets on, they hollered at me on their PA “Hey Englishman, back it off a bit” waited until I did, then roared off into the distance :laughing:

from talking to the dutch drivers the police are more concerned about tailgating that 5 or 6 kph

Driving a German registered truck I stick to 83kms max in Holland so as not to attract attention. I remember being fined a horrendous amount many moons ago for 85kms near Eindhoven and have no desire to repeat the experience.

I now sit back and enjoy the scenery (Dutch girls on pushbikes :wink: ) whilst being blown away by our eastern bretheren who seem to be able to barrel along on the limiter with impunity…

and to think i used to push my way through holland to come out by groningen to get to denmark so as to avoid the german police!!! :unamused:

The Dutch seemed to have stepped their vigilance this year. I have had three fines through the post this year already. The legal limit, believe it or not, is 80 kph but we are allowed to run up to 85. It has been a bloody camera each time that has caught me … the last two in the same place… A2 by Eindhoven.

How are the Dutch fining you by post? Are you in a Dutch registered vehicle?

bigvern1:

I was fined by post. German registered truck and this was over 10 years ago. United Europe, bro…

I wondered! :wink:

The world is slowing down it seems, 90K is hardly fast as it is.

bigvern1:

they pulled the one of ours over in to a rest area and fined him .but they let him pay by credit card as well

Oh I know they can fine us on the spot…I got busted in Germany once. But was wondering how they do us Brits by post? Don’t think they can tbh.