Dutch Prat

im not labeling all dutch drivers with the same ■■■■ label but this one driver will stick in my mind for a while, :imp: i was approaching junction 7 M20, id moved to lane 2 to pass a bit of traffic, all good so far, i looked in the right mirror and saw a truck in lane 3 so close to the rear of a tiny car it was almost attached, with in seconds it was along side me, just the thought of the flying dutch idiot in lane 3 ■■■■■■ me off but what happened next really sickened me, he had hardly got the cab past mine and and decided to come over to lane 2, i was hard on the breaks, had to swerve to lane one , cars from lane 1 on the hard shoulder, the sound of horns every where, and all the reaction from mr dutch man was the middle finger as he disappeared towards the docks, this was definitely a brown pants moment for me

ah! you have assumed.naughty you.Our good friends in Holland are unlikely to be found driving commercial vehicles today,indeed it is rare to find
a Dutchman in a Dutch vehicle today,the East Europeans have taken over in Holland big time so perhaps who you spotted was A.N.OTHER.

oops missed a bit, this event was yesterday (Friday) about 15.00 :angry:

Speaking of the Dutch. I saw a bunch of Dutch bikers riding down the pavement to get round the traffic that was queuing to get off the A15 at Lincoln.

I knew a Dutch fitter once, sound guy, I never had a clue what he was saying but as he smiled I assumed it was good, I think it was something about Tulips or Windmills … :wink:
Jon Vandergraff a legend :laughing: :laughing:

heliguy10:
im not labeling all dutch drivers with the same [zb] label but this one driver will stick in my mind for a while, :imp: i was approaching junction 7 M20, id moved to lane 2 to pass a bit of traffic, all good so far, i looked in the right mirror and saw a truck in lane 3 so close to the rear of a tiny car it was almost attached, with in seconds it was along side me, just the thought of the flying dutch idiot in lane 3 ■■■■■■ me off but what happened next really sickened me, he had hardly got the cab past mine and and decided to come over to lane 2, i was hard on the breaks, had to swerve to lane one , cars from lane 1 on the hard shoulder, the sound of horns every where, and all the reaction from mr dutch man was the middle finger as he disappeared towards the docks, this was definitely a brown pants moment for me

I would have kept my road position in lane 2.
No point in my opinion forcing other cars onto the hard shoulder, a multitude of other drivers and vehicles is a more chance of a incident.
It only needs one of the car drivers to slam on the brakes whilst in lane 1 to let you in suddenly from lane 2 to 1, and then you have got a multiple pileup.
If his cab was just past yours when he attempted his manoeuvre into lane 2,then surly it would have been only a glancing blow anyway.
Of course I was not there at the time, i only speak of experience of similar incidents.

I saw a Maritime driver on the M25 the other day (Thursday I think), between Cobham services and J10, who was trying to overtake me rather than slow down for a minute or so until he was on the A3. He also pulled up right behind the car in front until he had just enough room to pull in. I tweeted his registration number to Maritime, they asked me to get in touch.

IndigoJo:
I saw a Maritime driver on the M25 the other day (Thursday I think), between Cobham services and J10, who was trying to overtake me rather than slow down for a minute or so until he was on the A3. He also pulled up right behind the car in front until he had just enough room to pull in. I tweeted his registration number to Maritime, they asked me to get in touch.

Sure your kidding.
We have all experienced bad driving and dare I say had bad moments ourselves but to act like some self appointed drama queen pretend copper and report a fellow steering wheel attendant for a non event takes things to a whole new level.

Dipper_Dave:

IndigoJo:

Sure your kidding.
We have all experienced bad driving and dare I say had bad moments ourselves but to act like some self appointed drama queen pretend copper and report a fellow steering wheel attendant for a non event takes things to a whole new level.

I understand where you are coming from but this general attitude towards bad and possibly dangerous driving does not help at all. I for one think 1 death caused by HGV accident is too much. There are very inconsiderate and dangerous drivers out there that very well may cause suchba death by the way they drive. Its up to us to try and stop or at least negate the chance of this happening. I for one will report anyone who I think is dangerous on the road. And I feel like I am doing my bit. I dont have a dash cam. So I dont go round emailing so called footage to endless companies. I know this is a slight exaggeration on this maritime scenario but you get my drift. Its far too easy to kill someone at 44t, and people drive round like total twonks untill its too late.If a dangerous driver has been complained about enough times then clearly get him off the road.

Armagedon:
ah! you have assumed.naughty you.Our good friends in Holland are unlikely to be found driving commercial vehicles today,indeed it is rare to find
a Dutchman in a Dutch vehicle today,the East Europeans have taken over in Holland big time so perhaps who you spotted was A.N.OTHER.

^^^^^ This.

Jamiemufu:

Dipper_Dave:

IndigoJo:

Sure your kidding.

I understand where you are coming from but this general attitude towards bad and possibly dangerous driving does not help at all. I for one think 1 death caused by HGV accident is too much. There are very inconsiderate and dangerous drivers out there that very well may cause suchba death by the way they drive. Its up to us to try and stop or at least negate the chance of this happening. I for one will report anyone who I think is dangerous on the road. And I feel like I am doing my bit. I dont have a dash cam. So I dont go round emailing so called footage to endless companies. I know this is a slight exaggeration on this maritime scenario but you get my drift. Its far too easy to kill someone at 44t, and people drive round like total twonks untill its too late.If a dangerous driver has been complained about enough times then clearly get him off the road.

This type of driver just shows how low the standards have fallen in this industry. The only reason people like you want to go around reporting other drivers is to make yourself feel important.
It beggars belief what some people are capable of.

IndigoJo:

■■■■■■■ really.

I mean just ■■■■■■■ really?

What sort of RDC dwelling, jumped up, self important prick are you to try and get a driver to lose his job?

I hope you put some money in his tin when he and his family are sitting on the streets because your ■■■■■■■■■■■ behaviour lost him his job. Stop talking about “[tweeting] his registration” to his ■■■■■■■ company as if it’s something to be ■■■■■■■ proud of…

IndigoJo:

so,when you make a mistake whilst driving,and we all do at some point,are you going to grass yourself up? :unamused:

beetee07:

Jamiemufu:

Dipper_Dave:

IndigoJo:

Sure your kidding.

This type of driver just shows how low the standards have fallen in this industry. The only reason people like you want to go around reporting other drivers is to make yourself feel important.

I dont want to and I dont go out of my way to do so. I also said dangerous driving. Not a misjudgement or mistake. There is a big difference between dangerous driving and general misjudgements or mistakes. This forum lately is filled with posts about about standards of driving. Very few in my opinion are dangerous. Of course I make mistakes and misjudge things. What im saying is people like yourself with that attitude won’t help anything and just let dangerous drivers get away with murder. The Dutch say should ger reported. The maritime one, should not

Jamiemufu:

beetee07:

Jamiemufu:

Dipper_Dave:

IndigoJo:

Sure your kidding.

I dont want to and I dont go out of my way to do so. I also said dangerous driving. Not a misjudgement or mistake. There is a big difference between dangerous driving and general misjudgements or mistakes. This forum lately is filled with posts about about standards of driving. Very few in my opinion are dangerous. Of course I make mistakes and misjudge things. What im saying is people like yourself with that attitude won’t help anything and just let dangerous drivers get away with murder. The Dutch say should ger reported. The maritime one, should not

So what gives you the knowledge and qualifications to judge what is dangerous driving and what is not are you a police officer or just a self appointed one I guess it’s the later.
Get off your high horse get on with your job and let the authorities do there job.

Am I reading this right… A Maritime driver overtaking??

Maritime are all limited to 52 mph.

Armagedon:

More often than not if it is a Dutch registered truck it will be a Dutchman driving it .its the larger Dutch firms the likes of Vos HSF and de rooy that have plated trucks all over Eastern Europe that rarely have a Dutch man driving but usually still have Dutch plated trailers smaller firms generally stay loyal

htmldude:

IndigoJo:

[zb] really.

I mean just [zb] really?

What sort of RDC dwelling, jumped up, self important prick are you to try and get a driver to lose his job?

I hope you put some money in his tin when he and his family are sitting on the streets because your [zb] behaviour lost him his job. Stop talking about “[tweeting] his registration” to his [zb] company as if it’s something to be [zb] proud of…

what about the family of someone he may kill one day through his dangerous driving,ever think of that,particularly children the victim may leave behind,better to get one dangerous driver off the road than see someone dead,or would you not agree with that

Won’t somebody think of the children?