Dutch marques: various

To me…MOL, Gheyssen & Verpoort, Stas and some others deserved the NOBEL-prize on creative succes!

ERF-Continental:
RHV? Robert Hackford Vehicles? From desert to ice?

:laughing: Yes! With a ■■■■■■■ 350 and 9-speed Fuller of course! :laughing: Robert

Ginaf is very interesting. It started life in the early '50s reconditioning knackered US vehicles (presumably ex-Marshall Plan) for civilian use. It really came into its own in 1967 and built trucks under the name of Ginaf, using all sorts of axle configurations. It became famous - and still is - for its multi-axle trucks, most of them rigids. Ginaf’s classic trucks, as I remember them, were rigid 5-axles affairs, though they did produce heavy haulage tractors as well. Apart from the early years (see the first couple of pictures) Ginaf used DAF cabs. Pretty well all their vehicles were built for the construction industry. Robert

17-06-2005__Fugro_Ginaf_6x6-2.jpg
ginaf.jpg

Continuing our exploration of Ginaf (pronounced khinnaf, by the way), here are some of those multi-axled trucks, bringing us right up to the present day. Robert

7_asser_ginaf.jpg
5839728240_876c19dc0c_z.jpg

Good action Robert!

Herewith some GINAF’s as well as a very rare marque HOBRI later GI-HO

GINAF was established 1 november 1948 by Adrie and Wulfert van Ginkel after
their father Evert started trading in cars and trucks in 1933. In 1963 a third
brother Evert-Jan joined his brothers in the company. Cabs were mainly made
by Van Eck from Lexmond or Van Dijk from Lunteren.

HOBRI stands for HOuwelingen BRInk, tow gentlemen engineering a special
truck for transportation of garbage on a dump. VAM (Vuil Afvoer Maatschappij)
of Wijster and Mierlo demanded strong tippers and all-terrain-flexibility. Director
of VAM was Mr. Brink, and together they started in 1975. In 1976 the name of
the marque changed in GI-HO which stands for van GInkel HOuwelingen. Trucks
were made in (Mr. van Ginkel was the founder and director) the GINAF-factory.
The office and a small workshop for service was in De Klomp.

GI-HO was also active in trading US-truck-components from 1968 till 1985 and
production of own trucks ceased in 1975. VAM by far operated most of these.

GI-HO-1.jpg

HOBRI.jpg

GINAF-TF8-1968.JPG

The first FTF’s with the headlights next to the grille came in 1968. Oosterwijk of Rotterdam was the first
customer for this new-truck F-7.20D with DD 8V71N. Pay attention to the position of FTF on the grille,
that changed later and this is also stated on the leaflet in Robert’s FTF inset. Tipper-trailer is from Floor
as well, as highlighted by Robert earlier FTF also stands for Floor Trailer Fabriek

Thanks for your encouraging words, A-J. We’ve certainly given Dutch trucks a good airing this summer! Robert :smiley:

For those who are interested in depth on the FTF herewith an English export-leaflet.

Attached a Ginaf FS138 4x4, DAF 138hp, ZF AK5.35/2, Calzoni steering, Timken-Rockwell FM 240HX

An advertisement of both GI-HO and GTS

A selection of some Terberg’s.

The 6x6 (this time no MB/Volvo-cab) was one out of two, the other was a tractor

Terberg-6x6.JPG

robert1952:
Earlier FTF models used the Motor Panels cab. Here is an absolutely classic picture of one that has clearly been on Holland-Greece work - it even has a roof-mounted aircon unit. They had 13-speed Fuller 'boxes. Robert :slight_smile:

Hiya Robert,

Not every early model was equipted with the Fuller 'box, there were a few with the Allison auto 'box as well, I’m not certain which one did and which one didn’t, but I was always told that the Dabekausen FTF had a Allison box, and that there was one at v.d. Vlist that had a auto’box as well.
Please correct me if I’m wrong :smiley:

1600193_677697985606957_737966671_n.jpg

And we’ve got a Ginaf still running about every day :stuck_out_tongue:

Full information on the configuration gives ftftrucks.com/content/23900/ … rzicht.pdf

ERF-Continental:
Full information on the configuration gives ftftrucks.com/content/23900/ … rzicht.pdf

That makes it a bit easier indeed :stuck_out_tongue: Cheers for that mate :sunglasses:

Cheers PV83! Robert :smiley:

In addition to ERF-Continental’s post of a classic GINAF 4x4, 2 pictures of earlier versions of the same model (first still marketed as Diamond, because pre-1967):

Diamond M52 4x4

GINAF FS 138 4x4 (first version)

An brochure of GINAF’s model FS 200 6x6:

And an advertisment of R.A. Mimiasie of Rotterdam (later RAM) for GMC and parts, dating from 1954:

Regards,

JWK

Hi ERF, I have scanned the Big lift Magazine and post it below it is from 1978 and 16 pages

pages 1 to 7 and I will post the others on another post as pages 8 & 9 are the centre pages

cheers Johnnie

These are the remaining pages , pages 8 to 16

cheers Johnnie