Dutch manipulating tachos?! Surely not

Dutch manipulating tachos?! Surely not! I find that very hard to believe of the fine upstanding Dutch transport industry. Shocked. Shocked. To. The. Core.

trans.info/en/dutch-transport-i … ted-232995

When 15 hours just isn’t enough.
Why do I think that they don’t mean drivers booking driving or duty on the card to cover an unauthorised break or a late start. :wink: :laughing:

My first thought was some orange car transporters when I read this :laughing:

Asking for a friend :smiley:

Two trips to Spain in a week? No problem…

I read an advert on a Dutch job site, where a well known Flower Haulier proposed a rota of three trips Netherlands-UK one week, and two trips the next week.
Monday.
Load Flowers at Auction (Aalsmeer? ).
Drive to Calais, take train.
Tip “up to ten flowershops in London and the South East”, before “heading North to reload and take the boat back to the Netherlands”… on Tuesday… :open_mouth:
Wednesday. Load flowers etc…
Return Netherlands on Thursday… :unamused:
Friday. Load flowers…
Return Netherlands Saturday …
Sunday off. (Yes, all of it.)
Second week, two trips, Friday Saturday Sunday off. To compensate for previous week reduction…

:question: :question:

Yes,it goes on everywhere but i would be interested to know the percentages of Dutch drivers or Dutch co’s with import drivers.I think there is a considerable difference regarding employment conditions and work pressure.

hutpik:
Yes,it goes on everywhere but i would be interested to know the percentages of Dutch drivers or Dutch co’s with import drivers.I think there is a considerable difference regarding employment conditions and work pressure.

The Dutch have a large percentage of import drivers, to be honest, a very large number of Dutch firms make shysters and conman look like decent business…
There was a big investigation by the Unions, into Dutch companies busing in Drivers from Romania and Hungary etc, and making them stay in the Netherlands in their truck, for weeks or months, with no facilities or anything. Dutch companies were among the first moving into Eastern Europe/Russia, when the wall came down. Most Dutch international trucks are flagged out, and not many Dutch drivers on international work. To be honest, that’s one reason why I’m in the UK. Theres not many companies in the Netherlands that I would feel confident that my P45 would not be waiting for me on Friday, or that I’d be paid all my wages, or on time…

In one sentence it’s 40/percent, in the next sentence they don’t know how to catch them because they are behind on technology
So how did they reach that figure if they ain’t got a clue what they are doing

the nodding donkey:

I read an advert on a Dutch job site, where a well known Flower Haulier proposed a rota of three trips Netherlands-UK one week, and two trips the next week.
Monday.
Tip “up to ten flowershops in London and the South East”, before “heading North to reload and take the boat back to the Netherlands”… on Tuesday… :open_mouth:
Friday. Load flowers…
Second week, two trips, Friday Saturday Sunday off. To compensate for previous week reduction…

Sounds fairly accurate and quite reasonable

Any excuse to post a youthful picture of myself!

BEHOLD MY GLORIOUS VISAGE

Did Bertie have to wear or forced to wear wooden Dutch clogs while in your truck ?

switchlogic:

the nodding donkey:

Monday.
Friday. Load flowers…

The Scania doesn’t look as youthful, in fact I’m surprised the picture is in colour, not sepia. :wink:

Having lived in the netherlands for over 30yrs i saw the change from Dutch drivers to 'import’drivers from the mid 70’s onward so its not a new thing and it just progressed throughout Europe as companies saw the way to larger profits with less responsibility through so called 'post box’co’s and later the 'flagging out’of vehicles.

I can recall in the late 70s one Dutch company (Langen from Geleen)a tanker outfit,employing Poles and Russians.As a Dutch speaker I tried communicating with them without much success.I also learnt if you invite one for a drink after work it means to them that you are going to buy their drinks all night!

Gidders:
I can recall in the late 70s one Dutch company (Langen from Geleen)a tanker outfit,employing Poles and Russians.As a Dutch speaker I tried communicating with them without much success.I also learnt if you invite one for a drink after work it means to them that you are going to buy their drinks all night!

Thats not going Dutch :stuck_out_tongue:

They used to import Engelsman too to drive Speciaal Car

Gidders:

Cargofoor was another, and Centrum.

Star down under.:

switchlogic:

the nodding donkey:

Monday.
Friday. Load flowers…

The Scania doesn’t look as youthful, in fact I’m surprised the picture is in colour, not sepia. :wink:

Often weighing up to 50 odd tonnes I was KING OF THE ROAD in my 380 4 Series! (Actually only ever drove others as holiday cover. My allocated HSF trucks were a 460 Volvo Double Decker that caused some consternation when I started as many were still in these asthmatic old crates and a 430 DAF when I left 3 years later BN VV 11)

I was doing one hits to Baghdad and back when you were still in your Father`s ball bag , you can tell the pub is open . :smiley: :smiley:

True enough,Wheel Nut,Langen used to employ the occasional Engelsmann.I thought Centrum were Turkish.

switchlogic:

That could have been Carryfast in that pic, if it had not been for you keeping him out of a Euro job… :unamused:
:smiley:

robroy:

switchlogic:

That could have been Carryfast in that pic, if it had not been for you keeping him out of a Euro job… :unamused:
:smiley:

Exactly. The youthful bus driver I was leapfrogging all those older more experienced types! Disgusting.

Poor old Carry wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes at HSF as it was then!