Dutch lorry driver named Heinz

I met up with a Dutch lorry driver who went by the name of Heinz in the late 90’s. He used to visit a club called The Forge which was situated in Allington Lane, Fair Oak near Eastleigh.
He was a little guy with a big tache and used to drive a Merc unit. Just wondered if he was still around?
He used to work for a company named Verhaegh.

Shouldn’t this be in “Where is he ?” rather than “Where am I”?

Depends how much you have to drink I guess. In actual fact you’re quite right.

You could ask on this forum, they will answer you in English and you may find your old drinking buddy.

chauffeursforum.nl/fotos-van … eurne.html

Thank you for your help. :smiley:

I tried that forum but its all in bloody dutch. I never thought of that, fool that I am. I reckon that it could have provided the answer though because the markings on the trucks are the same as the one he used to drive. Anyone out there speak Dutch??

Hi Mr Bear Sir. Copy and paste this link and it will give you the address and phone number of what I believe to be the company Heinz worked for . netherlands.yellowow.com/9388-Tr … egh-BV.htm. There is also the facility to email them from there but when I tried to ask about Heinz on your behalf it didn’t recognise my email address as valid! Hope you have better luck…keep us updated.

Old Bear:
I tried that forum but its all in bloody dutch. I never thought of that, fool that I am. I reckon that it could have provided the answer though because the markings on the trucks are the same as the one he used to drive. Anyone out there speak Dutch??

It is all in Nederlandse Taal because it is a Dutch forum, however unless you are in Friesland or Flevoland I doubt you will come across anyone who cannot answer your question in English.

Try this;

I am looking for an old friend who worked for Verhaege and visited England often. He was a little guy with a big moustache and used to drive a Mercedes unit. Just wondered if he was still around?

Thanks for that Wheel nut. The problem I had was not being able to log in. The site was unable to recognise my email address and so I fell at the first hurdle.

Old Bear:
Thanks for that Wheel nut. The problem I had was not being able to log in. The site was unable to recognise my email address and so I fell at the first hurdle.

translate.google.co.uk/translate … ml&act=url

Try this one. I have translated it to English, but you will need to register first

I cant thank you enough for all your help so far. I thought that I was going to be lucky there but I was unable to answer the random question which made no sense to me at all.
The question was “swimming in many lakes”. What on earth is that all about?

I put a picture of the man with his truck on here under the heading “Could this be 1999?”

I’ve moved this so it will get more views

Thank you.