Dutch drivers lol

i came down the 303 today and had to to do a double take as a h+s transport artic passed me with the driver watching telly on the dash lol
is there any wonder why so many foreigners have accidents here when they are pulling stunts like that■■?

groover1973:
i came down the 303 today and had to to do a double take as a h+s transport artic passed me with the driver watching telly on the dash lol
is there any wonder why so many foreigners have accidents here when they are pulling stunts like that■■?

Watching Telly or was it a Sat Nav programme running?

whats to say the driver aint british :confused:

Yup! A lot of their drivers are Brits… :wink:

It is happening all the time. English, Dutch, Polish, etc. they’re - we’re - you’re all at it. Life goes on just worry about yourself.

Saw a chap in France a couple of weeks ago picking the horses from the PMU pages-glasses on, pencil in hand merily going along the Autoroute. Also saw a dutch reg truck in France again reading a book! That one made me smile.

We’re all guilty of lapse of concentration at some point.

Plambert:
‘…It is happening all the time … just worry about yourself. We’re all guilty of lapse of concentration at some point…’

I can’t wholly agree.

We’ve all got legislated responsibility to keep our workplaces safe - not just during the ‘…lapses…’ when a dude watches a (half hour or more?) telly programme or for nano-seconds when we scratch our nuts & belch, etc.

The concern of the OP is very valid.

but was it not only a year or so ago when that tragic accident occured on the m6 around knutsford due to the hgv driver using his computer and killed a whole family education obviously did not work

maybe an incorrect title, maybe should have read dutch reg truck.i was just surprised to see the driver watching a screen with an ear piece in for sound.
as mentioned, the slightest lapse of concentration can have serious consequences. it reminded me of a cop show i saw where the driver was going down the motorway steering with his kneees eating a plate of dinner lol

Plambert:
It is happening all the time. English, Dutch, Polish, etc. they’re - we’re - you’re all at it. Life goes on just worry about yourself.

Saw a chap in France a couple of weeks ago picking the horses from the PMU pages-glasses on, pencil in hand merily going along the Autoroute. Also saw a dutch reg truck in France again reading a book! That one made me smile.

We’re all guilty of lapse of concentration at some point.

That’s hardly a lapse, but total disregard for your driving. As far as I’m concerned if you are watching telly or reading book whilst driving a truck you should loose your license for good. If you crash into to some poor sod, then you should get ten years inside. :imp:

groover1973:
…it reminded me of a cop show i saw where the driver was going down the motorway steering with his kneees eating a plate of dinner lol

Groover, loads of us have done that at some point, whether it be rolling a cigarette (still cant do that one handed!!), making a cup of tea or coffee, looking for something up on the top shelf, cooking up a camion stew on the camping gaz cooker, running with the hand throttle out and your right foot up on the end of the dash by the door (right hand drive) or up on the engine cowling (left), changeing clothes etc.

It happens!!..not saying its correct but steering with your knees cos your hands are otherwise occupied (!!! :laughing: :laughing: ) is just one of those things.

Well…it used to be M`lud !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bullitt:
looking for something up on the top shelf,

steering with your knees cos your hands are otherwise occupied (!!! :laughing: :laughing: ) is just one of those things.

Well…it used to be M`lud !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

■■■■■■ or razzle :laughing: :laughing:

chaversdad:
…■■■■■■ or razzle :laughing: :laughing:

Very good!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you wear hairy cogs, most of the above are obligatory!

booty4099:
If you wear hairy cogs, most of the above are obligatory!

And a multi compartment wallet attached to a chain you could tie up the QE2 with!! :laughing: :laughing:

im currently parked next to 8 dutch trucks, all on polish plates, all polish drivers, they get louder and louder as the night goes on, theyre all half ■■■■■■■ and just started playing chris rea road to hell on repeat play loudly, why do they shout when theyre talking to the person theyre standing next to? i really should have parked somewhere else.

■■■■■■00:
but was it not only a year or so ago when that tragic accident occured on the m6 around knutsford due to the hgv driver using his computer and killed a whole family education obviously did not work

You’ve got the story wrong.

Kindle…8 dutch trucks…on polish plates…then surely theyre polish trucks…with dutch writing on them…maybe they were bought from holland and re-registered… :laughing: :laughing:

anyway i dont use my satnav or laptop when driving…cos i`m usually too busy cooking my next meal :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: