Duramold tyres help

One of our vehicles had a puncture today and the nearest ATS to the vehicle fitted a pair of new Duramold WZE, the drivers just got back to the yard and I’ve noticed they have “Trailer Use Only” stamped on them. Anyone on here know if they are okay to stay on the drive’s?

They look pretty crap tyres to be honest with you, not what we would normally fit.

I’ve used Duramolds in the past on my “8 leggers” not my first choice, not seen any “trailer use only” have a word with ATS owned by this sites sponsor I belive!

splitshift:
I’ve used Duramolds in the past on my “8 leggers” not my first choice, not seen any “trailer use only” have a word with ATS owned by this Forums sponsor I belive!

FTFY :wink:

8 legger:
One of our vehicles had a puncture today and the nearest ATS to the vehicle fitted a pair of new Duramold WZE, the drivers just got back to the yard and I’ve noticed they have “Trailer Use Only” stamped on them. Anyone on here know if they are okay to stay on the drive’s?

They look pretty crap tyres to be honest with you, not what we would normally fit.

Stamped “Tailer use only”. Means they cannot take the drive loads put through them…i bet Mr Vosa will not be impressed and fines you ! And the lifespan will be ■■■■.

Get ats to replace them ASAP.

If you rang up and asked for the cheapest crap they had, then they would fit Duramold, if you specified decent tyres, they will change them FOC. Vacu Lug and Colway Remoulds belong in the same skip… :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t normally put anything but Mich on but that’s all they said they had for drives. Not impressed really, I feel as if the quality of service at ATS has dropped significantly recently, just little things like poor stock, taking along time to do a job and theyve put inners wheels on as outer and vice versa a few times, so I have to swap the tyres in the yard so its not got a black brake dust stained rim on the outside. Its not that hard to look at the direction arrows and put the shiny silver wheel back where it came from.

Think its time for me to start building up a list of good tyre fitters over the country.

A wze is copy of the mich xze. What tyre size you using. A xze is a streer tyre in mich patters what duramold copy so should not have trailer use on the side. But then duramold would not remold a steer patter. The patter should be wte to be trailer use only.

Is the tyre patter fitted wze2? Just looked at the duramold folder and wze2 is an all round tyre. If you tell me the tyre size and if you can get the load and speed rating off the tyre I can let you know if they would be ok on a drive axle. But can fin just a wze in my folders.

shuttlespanker:

splitshift:
I’ve used Duramolds in the past on my “8 leggers” not my first choice, not seen any “trailer use only” have a word with ATS owned by this Forums sponsor I belive!

FTFY :wink:

Cheers boss :wink: :wink:

BTW Spanky was’nt “Forum” some sort of pervy magazine from the 70’s/80’s? :laughing: :laughing:

se4n:
Is the tyre patter fitted wze2? Just looked at the duramold folder and wze2 is an all round tyre. If you tell me the tyre size and if you can get the load and speed rating off the tyre I can let you know if they would be ok on a drive axle. But can fin just a wze in my folders.

It’s just WZE, ATS called back this morning and said they shouldn’t have been fitted as they are a trailer specific tyre so I’ve put a set on Mich on that we had in the yard and sent the Duramolds back. Thanks for the help on here though, much appreciated.