Duncan Sharp Transport

Hauled out of Barnsley in the seventies, has anyone got any pictures/tales about this old firm please. :wink:

Sharps ran out of a depot on Wakefield Road, mainly hauling for the Star Paper Mills which closed in the early eighties (now Asda Barnsley). I remember them having Atkinson tractor units finished in a plain but attractive light blue livery. I don’t remember when they finished, probably at about the same time as the mill closed. I regret not taking any photos at the time - there was no need, they would last forever - wouldn’t they?

the duncan sharp i remember were red and white atkys - sed aks then daf 2800 twin steers they all went like the wind they had a yard in irlam m/c , got taken over by a group and the wagons became green

sharpys cowboys as they were know lol theres a blast from the past, they was bought out buy eleco and painted the fleet green think thats the name you was trying to remeber, they used to park in carlton ind est didnt they at barnsley, built on the dole not cole!!
they finsihed early 90"s or eleco did

thats right carlton ind estate,when i was a little younger we used to go near their yard on our motocross bikes as i only lived 5 minutes awawy.ow they were the days only seems like yesterday.