Dumb question

I think I know the answer but just need it pointed out, I finished work 4am Saturday morning & didn’t start back until 15.00 today but that rest period won’t count as my 45 break for last week will it? Cheers.

That’s 59 hours isn’t it?. Plenty.

Yes but it’s only 44 by Sunday midnight…

58 hours rest which crossed over two weeks (Sunday/Monday) so can be used as a regular weekly rest period for last week, or possibly even this week if you had another weekly rest period last week.

JamesJ:

The weekly rest period is from the time you finish work to the time you restart work, it doesn’t have to be completed before midnight Sunday.

A weekly rest period that crosses two weeks can be used for either week but not both.

JamesJ:

At the risk of being pedantic, not that it really matters but from 04:00 Saturday to midnight Sunday was 43 hours not 44, we lost an hours yesterday when the clocks changed :wink:

That’s assuming you’re talking in local time of course :slight_smile:

Thank you.

JamesJ:

Its high time that the authorities made a compulsory test on the regs especially for new drivers

ROG:
Its high time that the authorities made a compulsory test on the regs especially for new drivers

And made the regs much simpler while they’re there… OR… just made the regs comprehensible to begin with.