Dumb or what ?

I sometimes can’t understand how some peoples minds work ?
This afternoon I was standing at the check out in our local Stewart shop when some geezer in front of me asked for a carton of Winston 100’s (100 ■■■■ for the UK readers). The girl showed him the box and the bill was a staggering $92.50 and the man was shocked, which is understandable. I asked him which way he was going and he said he was going to New Hampshire. “You are only 9 miles from the Vermont state line, cigarettes are cheaper there but if you buy a pack of 20 here to hold you over when you get to New Hampshire there is no nat on ciggies so you will save at least $40.00” I told him.
“I havn’t got time to stop in New Hampshire” he said.
WTF ? He was going there, was he just gonna hit the NH line then turn around and drive back ? what a complete plonker.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I always make sure I have time to stop and get my duty free on the way back :slight_smile:

I havn’t touch a giggy in 4 years Taff so how much cheaper is it to buy at the border and take into Canada ? I know when we fly to the UK my missus buys hers in Vermont rather than the duty free shops.

I got 200 pall mall on the border at Sweetgrass for $19 then you get 10% discount being a comercial driver but prices are different on each border

taffytrucker:
I got 200 pall mall on the border at Sweetgrass for $19 then you get 10% discount being a comercial driver but prices are different on each border

There’s some brand at North Portal which are only $11 for 200! Not for me, I stopped years back.