Duke banned from driving

The Duke of Norfolk who helped. Organise the Queens funeral and will be helping Charles cornotion has been banned from driving for 6 months and fined after gaining 9 points. For going through a red light on his.mobile phone.
He tried plead hardship claiming need my licence for.job etc but hey had none of it
. And we’ll done to the courts and police if only there ban every body when they get 9 points make the roads safer and be a deternt

Good. Well deserved.

edd1974:
. And we’ll done to the courts and police if only there ban every body when they get 9 points make the roads safer and be a deternt
]

He had 9 points already from various speeding and the 6 points for the phone took him over 12, hence the ban.

I think banning someone after 9 points would be a bit harsh.I think 12 is about right,given it takes 4 years to get rid of the points.But as for needing the license for hardship,I dont think thats fair,because if you need to keep your license ,its ultimatley your problem

edd1974:
The Duke of Norfolk who helped. Organise the Queens funeral and will be helping Charles cornotion has been banned from driving for 6 months and fined after gaining 9 points. For going through a red light on his.mobile phone.
He tried plead hardship claiming need my licence for.job etc but hey had none of it

Duke in charge of coronation banned from driving - BBC News

No, he got the ban because he had fifteen points - nine from earlier offences and then when they added six for this offence it took him past the 12 point threshold.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

i dont understand these people , surely his car has hands free ? . 6 points and loss of licence for being an idiot .

Need a licence for job?
A ■■■■ like that could afford a chauffeur, or be sat in a horse and carriage wearing a cloak and a top hat…ie anybody with the prefix ‘‘Duke’’ of this or that, or ''Lord ‘’ somebody or other belongs in th 18th Century,.
Do away with this pretentious ■■■■■■■■ ffs,.this is 2022.
They did right to ban the ■■■■ btw. :smiley:

Sploom:
I think banning someone after 9 points would be a bit harsh.I think 12 is about right,given it takes 4 years to get rid of the points.But as for needing the license for hardship,I dont think thats fair,because if you need to keep your license ,its ultimatley your problem

Points on licence are only valid for 3 years, BUT, they stay on the licence for 4 years :smiley:

in the past that would have made big news in the Sun and the like,but now hes close to Charles hush it up. Same with Charles we used to love laughing at his daft face ,Saviles mate hes another wrong un etc etc but nooo now hes getting tret with kid gloves its a joke.

£1200 also.
He looks a pretentious pillock in the photo anyway.

robroy:
Need a licence for job?
A [zb] like that could afford a chauffeur, or be sat in a horse and carriage wearing a cloak and a top hat…ie anybody with the prefix ‘‘Duke’’ of this or that, or ''Lord ‘’ somebody or other belongs in th 18th Century,.
Do away with this pretentious ■■■■■■■■ ffs,.this is 2022.
They did right to ban the [zb] btw. :smiley:

The problem is,if you get rid of dukes and these sorts of titles,you end up getting closer to abolishing the monarchy,which I think would be very sad because all these things go back hundreds of years.If you go down that road,we end as a republic and then,given we live in a world where its mostly dictators now,we could have the situation of no continuity of our head of state while the dictatorships have heads of state that are ruling forever and a day

axletramp:
£1200 also.
He looks a pretentious pillock in the photo anyway.

I would too if I owned a castle and half of Norfolk/Yorkshire :slight_smile: