Dublin

I am off to Dublin on Sunday, does anyone know if there are any truckstops in the area, or at least somewhere to have a shower

If you are going holyhead stena line freight you can have a shower on the boat but you might have to share a cabin.

last few times ive been over ive parked up on
the docks overnight and walked back towards
town for food and drink
as mick said you can get a shower in your
cabin
p.s. be carefull where you lite up if you smoke

AFAIK there are no truckstops within Dublin. I have seen a poster advertising the opening of one near the airport off the N2 (I think).
Where about in Dublin are you going? You can park outside the Guiness brewery at the side of the River Liffey, pubs are nearby, but if you want a shower,(as others have said) either use the ones on the ferry or the docks when you come off. :slight_smile:

thanks for the quick replys, I am going to be in Dublin for 5 days as we are doing a removal, the area is Foxrock,

You will get no parking around Foxrock mate its very posh around there .But there is maybe parking in sandyford ind est which is back in towards Dublin and you should go hollyhead dun laoghaire on the ferry.

teme:
You will get no parking around Foxrock mate its very posh around there .But there is maybe parking in sandyford ind est which is back in towards Dublin and you should go hollyhead dun laoghaire on the ferry.

Ferry is already booked Stena to Dublin…looks like I will have to find a swimming pool for showers

Well i asked on a irish forum if they new anywhere and this is the answer i got!

Ah! Park anywhere on the side of the road. They won’t mind out in Foxrock, Lovely people knock on any door & you can use thier shower…

Also i think you can park up at a place called Sandycove,They is a swimming club there,but they go swimming in the sea!

Who are you moving anyone famous,
They is a few famous people who live round that area.
I have walked round there a few times.
Bono,Sinead o conner,chris de burgh half of Westlife Ronan keating are just a few.

Mark

brit_mark:
Well i asked on a irish forum if they new anywhere and this is the answer i got!

Ah! Park anywhere on the side of the road. They won’t mind out in Foxrock, Lovely people knock on any door & you can use thier shower…

Hmmm, sounds like a plan :wink: :wink:

brit_mark:
Also i think you can park up at a place called Sandycove,They is a swimming club there,but they go swimming in the sea!

Erm I don’t think I will be swimming in the sea :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

brit_mark:
Who are you moving anyone famous,
They is a few famous people who live round that area.
I have walked round there a few times.
Bono,Sinead o conner,chris de burgh half of Westlife Ronan keating are just a few.

Nobody famous, probably a maid in one of the big houses

brit_mark:

Whats the forum, is it to do with transport ? Just wondering cause I didn’t know one existed.

■■■■ all truck stops in ireland, Toughers is down between naas and newbridge but not much else.

df1:
[zb] all truck stops in Ireland, Toughers is down between Naas and Newbridge but not much else.

And Toughers is about 50km out on the N7, from the M50 motorway ring road. If you can afford the time to get out there, its worth it though. Foods good and not excessively expensive, the beer isn’t too bad, you have to ask at the bar for a shower. Naturally you will know that, there’s no smoking allowed inside public spaces, like bars, in Eire. If you smoke, you have to go outside for a ■■■. At Toughers, that’s outside, next to the petrol pumps :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

df1:

brit_mark:

Whats the forum, is it to do with transport ? Just wondering cause I didn’t know one existed.

[zb] all truck stops in ireland, Toughers is down between naas and newbridge but not much else.

This is the forum but it is’nt a truckers forum.

dublin.ie/forums/index.php?

If I was you, I wouldnt start from here :smiley:

Howth
dublintourist.com/towns/howth/

Try www.irishtrucker.com not as good as t/net. regards derek

So how did you get on and where did you stay in the end.
Mark

brit_mark:
So how did you get on and where did you stay in the end.
Mark

Well, to begin with, I didn’t find any truck stops, so ended up parking on an Industrial estate on Kill lane in Monkstown, right by a pub and chip shop, also managed to find an open wifi zone so had loads of free Internet use :smiley: We managed to get showers from the person we were moving out of Foxrock, who turned out to be very un famous…Surprised at the lack of pubs in the area, but liked the idea of going out for the evening and coming back not smelling like an ashtray…The pubs we did go into had a great atmosphere and we enjoyed my first trip to Dublin