DSV.....

DSV… A good mate is starting with them next week , are they any good■■? He says they are sort of self employed…

Ive done a few days and weeks at there Harwich depot through an agency, they seem pretty good longs you keep them updated if your delayed, most of kit is under 3 years old, not sure about the self employed side of things, think all the guys at harwich are employed normally…
There is a guy on here who works at immingham depot he may be able to shed more light on it, cant think of his name.

Think they have big roof MANs don’t they? And yes looks very newish too. Best of luck to your mate :slight_smile:

Is DSV the old DFDS ? or a completely different company ?

Suedehead:

yeah one an the same, think they changed name when they bought out roadways ireland.

Steve-o:
Think they have big roof MANs don’t they? And yes looks very newish too. Best of luck to your mate :slight_smile:

some are big roof mans, depends on depot and contract if your only doing day work you get a small one :laughing:
they have a DAFS and Scanias floating around aswell.

Suedehead:

Think they bought Frans Maas too. The old Frans Maas warehouse on Harfrey’s Ind Est, Great Yarmouth is now DSV.

offtherails:

Suedehead:

Think they bought Frans Maas too. The old Frans Maas warehouse on Harfrey’s Ind Est, Great Yarmouth is now DSV.

Wasnt Uniex"s place on the same estate ? - Morton Peto Rd ?

Depends on which depot he be out of.

Immingham would be on ferry work, tilts to containers, mainly on UK work but some do get across the water now and again (afew gone to Ireland this week).
A lot MANs from day cabs to big roofs and a few highliners scainas. Alot of drivers have been there for a few years so it cant be to bad of a company to work for but for pay i dont know, alot seem to get payed by hours and they have been cutting back over the last few months.

Scandinavian shutdown, 30 stood most days, very very surprised to hear that they are taking on staff at the moment…

I worked for a roadferry subbie before DSV bought them over, then when DSV bought them over they cut the rate by 10p per mile and guy I worked for had to pack it in (6 lorries gone like that). There attitude was like it or lump it. Seemingly theyve lost a lot of curtain side work in Ireland, wether they care or not I dont know, maybe they bought Roadferry for all there warehousing that they had? But there a serious outfit size, prob 1 of the biggest. I know the guys wages who worked for the old Roadferry here at Cairnryan wasn’t the greatest ( 5 days = £320) and if they worked a Sunday but not a Friday the Sunday wouldn’t be paid at O/T rate. Lot of job cuts up this way, lot of them Man Diesels going back to MAN as well…

Have worked for DSV (formerly DFDS) out of the Immingham depot for nearly 4 years now and have no complaints. I work a 4 on 4 off salaried position and am usually out for the 3 nights.
I’m very surprised to hear your “good mate” has got a position with us as at the moment we have a not taking on situation.
Feel free to pm me if there’s owt specific you want to know.