DSA theory + CPC books etc

Hi there.

Finally son has his provisonal back so now can begin his trianing. Driving school have instructed him to get a DSA theory cd and books plus something called CPC theory?

Has anynoe got a set of these they would like to sell me or please can someone direct me to the best (cheapest) place to get what he needs.

Any advice on what he needs for the theory would be great so I can begin getting them for him.

If no-one offers, ebay always sell the books at a reasonable price. Just look for DSA LGV

The book . driving goods vehicles - is also recommended especially for the initial dcpc mod 2 test
All the stuff in one package

^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for that, just looked on ebay and there ar eplenty, ill wait to see if any offers for a day or so.

What is the CPC thingy he needs?

If you get the up to date editions they include CPC guidance notes.

Depending on the pass date of his car test as to what CPC modules will need doing.

If he passed after 1997 then he will need to do an extra theory and a practical demonstration test known as Module 2 and Module 4 of he wants to drive commercially.

If he passed before September 1997 and was given C1 category on his licence when passing his car test then he will have acquired CPC rights and will have to attend 35 hours training (no test) before September 2014.

Hope this helps

Mine are for sale on eBay. Item 180796361541

Nate187:

Or you could have just offered them to him … :smiley:

dar1976:

Nate187:

dar he only passed his car test when he was 18 that was around 4 years ago, 22 now, he passed his test for car in the army. The army wont fund the lgv so we are paying that private with Alert in Leicester.

ROG:
The book . driving goods vehicles - is also recommended especially for the initial dcpc mod 2 test
All the stuff in one package

Is there extras needed for this, as it says ‘available options/required information’ and the extras are £10 or £19. I need to get everythnig in one go rather than sending off for more stuff and wasting time. Its taken over 3 months for DVLA to sort out his provisonal

dar1976:

Nate187:

No bloody way ive already had an offer of £12.99 for them, 25 quid they were new :laughing:

I will pay a reasonable price for everythnig I need. I want to buy everythnig in one go.

Back to the link provided is everythnig there I need or do I need aditional extras in the drop down for either £10 or £19

silky951:
I will pay a reasonable price for everythnig I need. I want to buy everythnig in one go.

Back to the link provided is everythnig there I need or do I need aditional extras in the drop down for either £10 or £19

The books that this links to all look to be about all you will need.

The only other thing your son will need and I will offer for free…

is the Very Best Of Luck

dar1976:

silky951:

is the Very Best Of Luck

Thanks very much.
So there will be cd’s in that pack I do not need to buy any of the aditioal things in the drop down before i go to ‘cart’?

silky951:

dar1976:

silky951:

is the Very Best Of Luck

Thanks very much.
So there will be cd’s in that pack I do not need to buy any of the aditioal things in the drop down before i go to ‘cart’?

There is no necessity to buy the CD’s too. But if he learns better from a PC than a book then maybe.

Ok so its about £50 for the lot. Ill wait now until anyone offers me anything cheaper for a day or 2. Then if not i will buy that lot.

silky951:

NO
The pack listed has book for theory but if you click the options drop down menu it gives you other options such as -
CD instead of book
CD and book
Those options have extra price to be added

thanks for that. Ill hang here fora day or 2 surely there are people here who have all this and can let me have them for maybe half the price.