DSA & DVLA returning licences

As some of you know I got my C+E last month, The examiner took my licence after the test and gave me the certificate. This was two weeks ago, I called DVLA today to ask if I’d be getting my licence back anytime soon.
Was told that they have no record of me passing anything recently, I could try calling the DSA

Called the DSA to be told they haven’t got to me yet and they’re still dealing with the week prior 11/06 - 15/06. It should be logged and sent to DVLA later next week. what the [zb]? DVLA will take a week or so to pull their finger out once they get it so, im looking at 6 weeks (3 remaining)

This is crap!

So what’s the hurry you know you’re gonna get it soon.

bobbya:

New job Monday, New gaffer requires it to prove I don’t have endorsements etc, Plus I’ve already had it back in the past with entitlements missing.

Allow a month before it gets back to you :wink: Use this time to go and speak with agencies in the area to see if they would take you on for Class 1 without experience and try not to be fobbed off and always read the agency contracts… If you’re going that route!

C10HOO:

bobbya:

New job Monday, New gaffer requires it to prove I don’t have endorsements etc, Plus I’ve already had it back in the past with entitlements missing.

He can phone the DVLA to check you have the correct licence, so long as you are there to give them permission to pass that info to him

Saratoga:
Allow a month before it gets back to you :wink: Use this time to go and speak with agencies in the area to see if they would take you on for Class 1 without experience and try not to be fobbed off and always read the agency contracts… If you’re going that route!

no agencies will touch me without 18months experience, got a start Monday doing night trunking.

having same problem bud passed my c+e on the 15 of last month and dvla still dont have anything :unamused: so looking like another coulpe weeks and we have to hand ours in every 6 weeks for insurance purposes so looks like i could end up sent home or worse stuck in the warehouse :laughing:

He can phone the DVLA to check you have the correct licence, so long as you are there to give them permission to pass that info to him
[/quote]
i thought that aswell but dvla only have your last licence details not new passes

smallsie:
i thought that aswell but dvla only have your last licence details not new passes

Yes, as the DSA haven’t “actioned” it yet the DVLA have no record & the DSA know nothing until it is top of the pile, the only “proof” I have is my pass certificate & test paper. Both insufficient for insurance purposes.

Same boat. Passed C and wanting to start c+e quick as I can only have lessons after work. Nights will start to draw in soon. I passed a week ago so maybe I won’t get my hopes up. :frowning:

Wheyyyyyy got it back

got mine this morning aswell :laughing:

i took a medical on a saturday,posted it the same day,got it back a week later,not bad,thumbs up for the DVLA.

I posted Digi-card for faulty replacement, and licence for photo renewal last week Thursday, Digi-card turned up Friday, licence Saturday morning, so 1 week, impressed, much quicker than I was expecting. :sunglasses:

passed my c+e on 22nd june and still no sign of mine so def not gettin my hopes up any time soon by looks of it :confused:

Try ringing them, they’ll tell you that they’re busy etc but I think it actually give them a kick up the backside as I was told on Thursday it would be a few weeks yet. And then it turns up.

which number? the one off the back of the pass certificate?

andyb88:
which number? the one off the back of the pass certificate?

01792 782341 DVLA

0300 200 1122 DSA

Even better was at Dragon ( mother in law & yep she know I call her that ) she showed me a letter from DVLA not a prob most think as it was a renewal for licence only 1 minor thing it was for her husband who has beed dead nearly 30 years