DSA consultation - me on local radio tomorrow Tue 10th

OK, the DSA are rolling out their consultation show in Leicester tomorrow at the Walkers stadium and BBC Radio Leicester has invited me to put questions to the DSA person on air.

This may only involve CAR issues BUT it may allow questions on the upgrading to LGVs

I know one bone of contention is the HPT - any more… :question: :question: :question: :question:

Consultation Paper

I’m going to the 2pm meeting at the stadium
on air about 10am

ROG:
I know one bone of contention is the HPT - any more… :question: :question: :question: :question:

whats that then?

If they discuss the LGV Register

Ask them when they are going to issue a proper training Syllabus for people wanting to became An LGV instructor.

Instead of people delivering the training not knowing the standards required.

Any chance of knowing any of the questions you are going to ask ?

It’s definately only to do with cars. I read the consultation documents, decided it was of no interest to me and binned it!

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
If they discuss the LGV Register

Ask them when they are going to issue a proper training Syllabus for people wanting to became An LGV instructor.
Instead of people delivering the training not knowing the standards required.

Any chance of knowing any of the questions you are going to ask ?

got that :smiley: I’ll ask as much as I am allowed - you got any more Qs

ok so it’s a waste of time then once again.

Forget my question Rog ?

So you going to start teaching on cars Rog is that why you are going ?

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
So you going to start teaching on cars Rog is that why you are going ?

No matey - just bored and going to take a looksee at what they might be up to - going as a representative of local advanced driving group as they want views from road safety groups

Make sure you wear a Tie and long trousers.

No shorts ok lol

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
Make sure you wear a Tie and long trousers.

No shorts ok lol

I’d probably wear a shirt too, the tie might look a little odd by itself.

Take a Tach, digicard and a hi-vis just incase

Regards

Paul

I want to know when the DSA Syllabus will include questions on how to safely interact with larger vehicles, like trucks and buses?

Also, I’d like to know when the HPT will be dropped for HGV/PCV drivers, as it’s blatantly total junk for people who have any driving experience at all.

I’m going to the 2pm meeting at the stadium
on air about 10am

Is that an indication that, in future, candidates will have the result four hours before they take the test? :wink:

I notice that on Page 8, they picture LGV’s in what is undoubtedly a Motorway situation.

“What are they doing to better acquaint novice drivers (and ADI’s) regarding the limitations, and spacial requirements of larger vehicles?”

I can even write the answer. “With the introduction of multi-functional Test Centres, the interaction between the different sectors of the motoring populace will lead to a greater understanding of the needs of other road users.”

■■■■■■■■. :laughing:

I see from the consultation document that they still talking about a ‘star rating’ for ADI’s.

Hence we are back to the issue of “pass rates” for ADI’s, which then leads to the question of “Who will then be left to teach those with disabilities or Learning difficulties.”

Not a question for you ROG. But it is sure to be asked.

Regressing slightly, recently on an Industrial Estate, seeing an ADI with the bonnet up, obviously explaining to a young lady the Show Me, Tell Me, as I went past, not fast and not close, she visibly cringed. An obvious Learning opportunity. Was it taken? I doubt it. :unamused: :unamused:

I see from the consultation document that they still talking about a ‘star rating’ for ADI’s.

ADIs have had a rating sytem for ages .

what’s the HPT? (for the second time)

Giblsa:

Hazard perception test

Giblsa:

Hazard Perception Test. The part of the theory test where you have to click when a hazard appears on the screen.

no excuse for anyone not to listen
Copt Oak transmitter bangs out signal to the ends of the world 104.9

Well what happened Rog did they cut you off ?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
Well what happened Rog did they cut you off ?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It was on but I went to watch some paint dry

ROG you cant still be talking on the Radio !!!

Did they give you a job…