Drunken lorry driver jailed

A lorry driver who was three times over the legal alcohol limit as he drove along the A14 in Cambridgeshire has been jailed.

SEE VIDEO

are you ever the bearer of good news?

chaversdad:

He has a naughty lorry driver fetish.

chaversdad:

Yet another ■■■■■■ up flip flop wearing driver off the road, very good news I think.

Good.

Karl86:
Good.

+1

I don’t care about his nationality, I’m glad he’s off the road. I have no sympathy.

Another idiot gone :smiling_imp:

Less than 6 months? Doesn’t seem long enough when you consider the 50% tariff he’ll be about in less than 3. A 3 year ban means sod all, back at home driving drunk and probably coming back over here on a hooky licence

This is a daily thing with F troop there ■■■■■■ from morning to night.

can i ask why the cops thought it was ok to “follow him for a bit” ,what would have happened if he had hit someone while they where following him for a bit ?.If they had a suspicion he was drunk then stop him immediately

Hang on a second…

Thought loads on here thought the police should stop harrassing truck drivers?

rambo19:
Hang on a second…

Thought loads on here thought the police should stop harrassing truck drivers?

Stopping a lorry driver for weaving all over the road is a lot different than getting plain units to pull alongside and snoop at what they’re doing ? I’m not seeing any harassment here.

When was this? I thought Giraud had gone bust?

martyh:
can i ask why the cops thought it was ok to “follow him for a bit” ,what would have happened if he had hit someone while they where following him for a bit ?.If they had a suspicion he was drunk then stop him immediately

I think they would have needed a safe place to stop him if coming from huntingdon there are no lay bys it looks from video how they was positioned they wasn’t letting anything passed anyway

martyh:
can i ask why the cops thought it was ok to “follow him for a bit” ,what would have happened if he had hit someone while they where following him for a bit ?.

The BBC report:
PC John Mayor, of Cambridgeshire Police, filmed the vehicle being driven “appallingly” at about 30mph (50km/h) across the two 70mph (110km/h) carriageways on 1 September.

He drove behind the lorry to prevent other vehicles from overtaking, because he feared the driver was “going to kill somebody”.

martyh:
If they had a suspicion he was drunk then stop him immediately

I think it’s possibly because all the do-gooders would have been up in arms and shouting about the police jumping to conclusions without proper evidence.

I think the police might have given the driver a chance to sort out what might initially have been a slight swerve caused by a moment of inattention before it became obvious that there was something a bit more serious going on. I say fair play to the police for that.

Somebody suspected of driving with that blood/alcohol level is still entitled to due process, part of which includes grounds for a reasonable suspicion (on camera for x distance/mins) and gathering evidence (breathaliser and evidential sample) for possible presentation before a Court.

:bulb: Would any of us like to read (now we know the facts) that the guy was so far over the blood/alcohol limit but escaped punishment because of a legal technicality?

The guy was a legal slam-dunk and has been busted, jailed and banned… but correctly. IMHO, a great result!!

altitude:

I don’t do many nights out but when i do I always seem to see foreign drivers stood around their cabs in groups chatting and drinking beer and more often than not they’re gone before me in the morning.

bubsy06:

chaversdad:

bubsy06:

chaversdad:

Worse than Albion1971 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bald bloke:

altitude:

I don’t do many nights out but when i do I always seem to see foreign drivers stood around their cabs in groups chatting and drinking beer and more often than not they’re gone before me in the morning.

It’s all to common that mate see 2 or 3 of them in there flip flops and shorts sippin San Miguel have 9 hours off then wake up and there gone