Drunk tanker driver

forum.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk … php?t=5306

link to local paper and “report” of drunk tanker driver.

Tanker drivers who transport flammable liquids are usually on a very good rate indeed … that idiot is obviously a knobber of the first order to put that at risk alone, let alone the risk he represents to the public in general.

Hung Drawn and left out to dry.

Did anyone think the driver may have been taken ill or overcome by fumes in his load.

Myself and Robbies Dad have both carried a product that if inhaled and there was even a trace of alcohol in the bloodstream, it would react and the driver would be incapable. Was it Trostberg RD?

Of course it could just have been a good party the bloke had been to :stuck_out_tongue:

Playing Devils Advocate

agree with wheelnut , i used to do lots of adr , could easily have been fumes

He must have got confused when they asked him to take a Sample. :confused:
No wonder he was Drunk :smiley:

I have just found the safety data for a product I used to carry in a tanker.

Handling and Storage

Cyanamide is to be handled in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. The most important precautions for production and lab work are:

• Avoid contact with skin and eyes.

• Wear suitable breathing apparatus, protective clothing and safety goggles.

• Avoid swallowing or inhaling.

• Use adequate ventilation.

* Do not drink alcoholic beverages before, during and after working with cyanamide.

• Avoid prolonged storage over several months. Do not store surplus material.

Of course, there are thousands of chemical products and this is not the only one that may cause side effects

Wheelnut, do you know if inhaling the fumes of Cyanamide would affect the results of a breathalyser?

As I posted the first post , I delibarately put in the inverted commas, as I have no idea of the accuracy of this report.
However, the senior shop steward there is a good friend of mine and I am certain that he would not want to see this guy punished if it was something that was beyond his control.
I do not know what he was actually carrying and apart from the thread on the forum I have seen no report elswhere.

nasty stuff that it seems:

http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/healthguidelines/cyanamide/recognition.html

del949:
Wheelnut, do you know if inhaling the fumes of Cyanamide would affect the results of a breathalyser?

As I posted the first post , I delibarately put in the inverted commas, as I have no idea of the accuracy of this report.
However, the senior shop steward there is a good friend of mine and I am certain that he would not want to see this guy punished if it was something that was beyond his control.
I do not know what he was actually carrying and apart from the thread on the forum I have seen no report elswhere.

I dont know how a breathalyser or lion intoximeter would interpret the results. I dont even know what commodity the tanker driver was delivering into AH Marks. I was merely pointing out that there are many chemicals which if inhaled could give the appearance of being drunk.

I was really responding to the next post,

that idiot is obviously a knobber of the first order

Maybe the security should have called a medical team or ambulance instead of calling the Police.

I dont condone drink driving but do you honestly believe an experienced bloke would turn up at a chemical plant half cut?

how would there know that he was twice over the limit,the road side check is not the legal one, you would have to go to the station for more tests and I would be surprised if the police would ring up the company to tell them as he did not work for them just delivering there.

Del

Wheel Nut:

del949:

I dont know how a breathalyser or lion intoximeter would interpret the results. I dont even know what commodity the tanker driver was delivering into AH Marks. I was merely pointing out that there are many chemicals which if inhaled could give the appearance of being drunk.

I was really responding to the next post,

that idiot is obviously a knobber of the first order

Maybe the security should have called a medical team or ambulance instead of calling the Police.

**I dont condone drink driving but do you honestly believe an experienced bloke would turn up at a chemical plant half cut?[/**quote]

Yes, it does happen.
A bloke I worked beside turned up at Tetrosyl in Bury with 25000litres of Thinners, ■■■■■■ as a newt,police stopped him outside the gates.