drunk driver

i was amazed to see a driver(english) getting onto the train in calais last night who was stone drunk!! he basically fell out the truck and stumbled onto the bus,thankfully the cops were waiting for him in folkestone as we got off.unbelievable!!

I’m not trying to make an excuse for him…but someone once told me that someone who suffers from diabetes can exhibit symptoms of a drunk person if they don’t have enough sugar or something or other. I know nothing about diabetes so I’ve never quite believed what was being said, but at the same time gave the guy the benefit of the doubt as I didn’t know anything…is there any sort of truth in this or is it complete tosh?

Adam_Mc:
I’m not trying to make an excuse for him…but someone once told me that someone who suffers from diabetes can exhibit symptoms of a drunk person if they don’t have enough sugar or something or other. I know nothing about diabetes so I’ve never quite believed what was being said, but at the same time gave the guy the benefit of the doubt as I didn’t know anything…is there any sort of truth in this or is it complete tosh?

It’s true, when lacking in sugar for long periods of time, diabetics can appears to be drunk when they’re actually totally sober. The simplest telltale is how the breath smells - i.e., not of alcohol!

Adam_Mc:

Yep I’ll go with that BUT a diabetic doesnt normally stink of alcohol, so you can normally tell when you get near them.

oh he was wreaking of the stuff,i first thought maybe he was diabetic but the smell gave it away!!

to be honest i am type 2 diabetic and have never had a “hypo” but i may stand corrected only type 1 diabetics have such occurances and as at this moment in time type 1s cannot hold a hgv license .

I hope they throw the book at him and remove his driving licence permanently.these people have no regard for anyone but themselves if anyone thinks this is harsh just ask yourself what if was my family he killed?

just a thought he wasnt working for m r s was he !!!

saying that when i was a kid i used to wash the trucks of d & d transport!!!