Drugs and driving?

Winseer:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Someone should invent a tired test, maybe test the electrons firing in your brain to see how switched on you are as driving tired is a million times worse than driving after doing a line of charles.
Not that I would know, coke is such a peasants drug.

Yeh. We could have a “Wired & Fired” test…

Test the blood for the presence of lousy coffee out of RDC vending machines, ■■■■■ Juice (no, I’m not taking the ■■■■ - new ‘energy drink’) and of course Red Bull.

Seriously though, I have doubts over if it’s appropriate to use things like ProPlus when driving?
I agree with the idea that driving tired is a serious evil. I bang on about working more than 48 hour weeks all the time don’t I? :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing:
I haven’t tasted ■■■■■ juice yet, what’s it like? I pass the sign above Saints yard on the the 25 most days and always wanted to try ■■■■■ juice.

Driving tired has got to be far worse than driving with drugs in your system in my opinion, the problem is that the word “drug” comes with a stigma that people associate all drugs as the same thing… Zonked out hallucinating completely out of control and unaware of yourself and surroundings, which isn’t true.

Weed is a downer though and that is just ■■■■ right stupid as there would be no logical reason to smoke that whilst driving.
However Coke and Amphetamines keep you alert and awake so you could sort of see why drivers would do it.

Who is more dangerous behind the wheel,
Someone who’s had 3 hours sleep and who has been driving 8 hours?
Or someone who’s had 3 hours sleep and who has been driving 8 hours but with Amphetamines in their system?

Of course the bottom line to this discussion would be:
You wouldn’t need to do any drugs what so ever if you had an un disturbed 8 hours sleep every night… But lets just say that doesn’t happen for arguments sake.

If its in your system you’re suspended whilst the sample is sent to be analysed… If it comes back with a positive for narcotics your sacked… happened to a mate… Apparently strong pain killers for migraines etc can register a fail on the initial Urine test… so if you smoked weed 3 weeks ago on a Saturday night out, you’d still fail the Urine test… food for thought. .

I’m surprised at the number of drivers I’ve met who will happily skin up on a loading bay or a break and then drive off. Found half a joint in the door panel a few weeks ago looking for a pen.

Not sure about coke being a stimulant, I have it on very good authority that it affects the descrimination function of the brain, which causes you to make decisions that seem entirely reasonable at the time but may well not be.

Perhaps not a good trait for a 40 ton death machine driver

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Enough said!

Next time i go into West Burton Power Station i will having a drug n alcohol test as i have to renew my yearly induction. Fingers Crossed :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Winseer:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Someone should invent a tired test, maybe test the electrons firing in your brain to see how switched on you are as driving tired is a million times worse than driving after doing a line of charles.
Not that I would know, coke is such a peasants drug.

Yeh. We could have a “Wired & Fired” test…

Test the blood for the presence of lousy coffee out of RDC vending machines, ■■■■■ Juice (no, I’m not taking the ■■■■ - new ‘energy drink’) and of course Red Bull.

Seriously though, I have doubts over if it’s appropriate to use things like ProPlus when driving?
I agree with the idea that driving tired is a serious evil. I bang on about working more than 48 hour weeks all the time don’t I? :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing:
I haven’t tasted ■■■■■ juice yet, what’s it like? I pass the sign above Saints yard on the the 25 most days and always wanted to try ■■■■■ juice.

Driving tired has got to be far worse than driving with drugs in your system in my opinion, the problem is that the word “drug” comes with a stigma that people associate all drugs as the same thing… Zonked out hallucinating completely out of control and unaware of yourself and surroundings, which isn’t true.

Weed is a downer though and that is just ■■■■ right stupid as there would be no logical reason to smoke that whilst driving.
However Coke and Amphetamines keep you alert and awake so you could sort of see why drivers would do it.

Who is more dangerous behind the wheel,
Someone who’s had 3 hours sleep and who has been driving 8 hours?
Or someone who’s had 3 hours sleep and who has been driving 8 hours but with Amphetamines in their system?

Of course the bottom line to this discussion would be:
You wouldn’t need to do any drugs what so ever if you had an un disturbed 8 hours sleep every night… But lets just say that doesn’t happen for arguments sake.

Yes, indeed the ad board near J15 is the one to which I am referring… I have not partaken of ■■■■■ yet either. :blush: :stuck_out_tongue:

The reason drivers don’t get 8 hours sleep is because they’ve been at work 15 hours, and have another shift before/after it as well, maybe another 15 hour job starting same time (min 9 hours between) With 90 mins each way for the commute, there’s nothing you can do to get more than 6 hours sleep unless you kip in your car at works car park. :frowning:

I don’t like all the hallucinating that happens to me out of sheer tiredness if I’m so late finishing that I’m stuck in the morning traffic.
That’s the main reason I really hate pallet work. :imp:
a 15 hour shift on parcels however is a doddle, because you’ll be parked up somewhere akip just as you’re starting to yawn a bit… :sunglasses:

I inject before every shift! :sunglasses: drug test :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Know a lad who went for a job on the buses, had’nt smoked weed for weeks, showed up on his urine test, knocked him back there and then, stays in your system for a while.