DRUG TESTING

I came back to driving 3 months ago after a 5 year break just went for a job at sainsbury after 3 hour!!! driving assessment and a 1 hour written test, I then had to go into the tollet when a man stood over me and watch me pis into a bottle for a drug test. I did some agency work out of snodland for tesco before chistmas i know if you have accident there when you get back to the yard a drug test you.
Just wondering is this normal in the industry now, Does your company drug test, When i last drove half of the people at the companies i worked for where stoned if companies are all drug testing where have all the stoners gone? By the way i give up weed when i give up driving 5 years ago.

The company i work for don’t do drug test.Whats with the 3 hr assessment and the 1 hr test at the end of the day you are going to supermarkets. did you get the job :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Whats with the 3 hr assessment and the 1 hr test

My guess is that bitter experience tells them that the possession of a licence does not mean that an applicant can actually drive.

Santa:

My guess is that bitter experience tells them that the possession of a licence does not mean that an applicant can actually drive.

3 hours would seem a bit excessive unless they have you doing a drop for them.

Did five last year and none lasted longer than 30 mins. though at Gist and Morrisons you were there the whole day going round the yard.

Feel a bit sorry for people who like a wee puff on a saturday night then get told they are getting tested as it can be detected for up to 30 days while some Alky can just stay off it the night before and pass no problem.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome jess :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

aranger:

Santa:

3 hours would seem a bit excessive unless they have you doing a drop for them.

Did five last year and none lasted longer than 30 mins. though at Gist and Morrisons you were there the whole day going round the yard.

Feel a bit sorry for people who like a wee puff on a saturday night then get told they are getting tested as it can be detected for up to 30 days while some Alky can just stay off it the night before and pass no problem.

I would agree. It does not seem fair thAt someone who smokes pot is victimised in this way. I used to dabble and the next morning felt fine. If I had a beer or three, although there may be no trace in the system I did not feel to good .

Also you could be on say coke or smack and these would not be detected either, as these leave the body quite quickly.

So you could be a full blown wino, have none the night before and pass.
You may have smoked weed say ten days before and still get nailed on the ■■■■ test. I think this is an unfair way of dealing with drug tests.

Is there any evidence that says that after smoking weed the day before driving the driver is impaired?

[

So you could be a full blown wino, have none the night before and pass.
You may have smoked weed say ten days before and still get nailed on the ■■■■ test. I think this is an unfair way of dealing with drug tests.

Is there any evidence that says that after smoking weed the day before driving the driver is impaired?

[/quote]

I thought it was illegal to take drugs…But not illegal to have a drink…I could be wrong
I do also think it’s unfair that some smack head can be allowed to live on the same planet as me :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

DHL don’t unless they are given reason to do it,but it would be carried out by someone qualified and not some tom,■■■■ or harry.

Culina do drink and drug test if you do any damage :blush:

My DHL ESC site does a drug test as part of the pre-employment medical (yes the one you have after you’ve been there three months) or if you prang anything. I’m sure its a DHL wide policy not just our contract.

I think everytime an office bod ■■■■■ up they should be tested for coke. Especially solicitors :smiley:
Lets have testing for all and not be discriminatory.

I’m testing drugs all the time…and drink!

The drug testing & extended assesment will almost certainly be due to conditions of their insurance. Along with 6 points max (no DDR’s) & 2yrs + driving experience expect to see more & more companies doing this as the cost of fleet insurance sky rockets.

freightliner before you start you go to a bupa medical and then you are drug tested although if you get up early get there a drinks loads of water then when you do the test all you are suppling is water.

dont know if it works cos it does’nt worry me.

:laughing: I WISH I COULD JUST GET SOME FIRST :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

CEVA/TNT do it, there have been loads of lads from the warehouse sacked at our place, the company they call in is called grendonstar, its all done under controlled condtions and apparentley there is no way you could cheat

Cj

cjuk:
CEVA/TNT do it, there have been loads of lads from the warehouse sacked at our place, the company they call in is called grendonstar, its all done under controlled condtions and apparentley there is no way you could cheat

Cj

I have heard the drivers on the tubes in London put a small amount of Milton (sterilising fluid for babies bottles) into the ■■■■ sample and this does the trick never tried it myself. I did once get swabbed on the prom in Blackpool when cannabis testing was trialled and the swab lit up bright pink!!! I had just finished my breakfast spliffage at the time, the bird simply said that was fine so I was sent on my merry way never even had to get out of the vehicle. :wink:

Whether I’m on a website with public, trade & political access or in a pub over a legal beer with mates, I’m neither qualified to stand in judgment of personal habits by supposed ‘knights of the road’.

But:

Koop:
‘…I’m testing drugs all the time…’

and

Mad dan:
‘…I had just finished my breakfast spliffage…’

Both give me hope that one day I’ll be proud in working for one of many employers with a full & random drug testing regime to prove the professional integrity of their drivers & to remove basic liabilities from their insurance premium & my workplace …whilst questioning ‘how come Mad, Dan?’

Get art…

Ive heard of it being done once at our depot and it was a warehouse lad on night shift - he drove a ppt into a wall and his eyes where popping out his head - i think they suspected drugs/drink when the foundations trembled :laughing:

In a steel works I worked in they caught two guys smoking one night. management weren’t too happy as they were in charge of the liquid iron going into the ladles at the time :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: So they were given a couple of weeks holiday with no pay. A couple of months later they were caught again doing exactly the same thing :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: They were given a permanent holiday that time!