Drug-Driving.

Does anyone know if it is illegal to drive after taking over-the-counter Co-codamol tablets and if so, for how long?

no problem with co codramol [ leaflet says it may cause drowsiness] mrs dilbert has been on them for years.normally prescibed for back and joint pain etc

Ta, I’m taking them for joint pain, and only the low-level non-prescription variety but I was a bit concerned because co-codamol contains codeine which is a close relative of heroin and now that all of this drug testing is coming in, I didn’t want to be flagged up as some kind of junkie. :open_mouth:

Not illegal BUT the co in co-codamol is codeine phosphate and matabolise’s in the liver as morphine and that is what a basic urine/swab drug test will show up :exclamation: So unless the new police roadside drug tests are more than just a swab test you will be a JUNKIE It takes further analysis to show the full breakdown of the drug constituents. Also with codeine being a synthesis of opium a physical dependency on the drug can develop over a relatively short period.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Harry Monk:
Ta, I’m taking them for joint pain

you’ve got it all wrong harry. it’s have a joint for the pain. :smiley:

dilbert:
no problem with co codramol [ leaflet says it may cause drowsiness] mrs dilbert has been on them for years.normally prescibed for back and joint pain etc

Me too. I have had to take them for over 7 years, but they do make you constipated :open_mouth:

Funnily enough Tiredness has never been a problem until quite recently

Wheel Nut:

dilbert:

Me too. I have had to take them for over 7 years, but they do make you constipated :open_mouth:

Funnily enough Tiredness has never been a problem until quite recently

Same here been taking prescription ones 30/500 for joint pain, only thing that will touch the pain, over the counter are a max of 8/500 the only problem is the constipation :blush:

Try to stop taking them for a few day’s guy’s and see how you feel then :question: If you feel like you have got a mild dose of flu, can’t sleep properly, are really, really irritable and uncomfortable and the constipation has turned to diarrohea :blush: then it is time to take some more or give em up for good :wink: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;