Drug driving truckers on UK roads

How would smoking cannabis help you stay awake■■?

Coke and wizz yeah, but cannabis?

All too expensive anyway. ECA stacks are the way forward. Ephedrine, caffine and aspirin, all rolled into one.

Caffine to give you the initial kick whilst the ephedrine starts working, aspirin thins your blood and gets it round your system quicker. One red rocket, no more sleepy for hours :open_mouth: :smiley:

And it’s not illegal.

Ketamine. - Just say Neigh!

I did quit a while Long Distance with plenty Miles but dont think anyone under Drugs could do it.
I understand that long Hour slow your Mind down,especially against Monday Morning when you were together on Sunday with Wife and Kids,start your Journey Sunday evening and do your 9 Hour driving in Boredom of the Night.You may fall asleep with open Eyes.
But i accept that Driver who go often to Land Ladies (The Road along) take some Drugs,for the excitement,but not for staying awake.
But there is another Thing.
No one can charge you for not Brave enough to report a Crime.
But if someone is Brave enough to tell Stories about Class A Drug consuming then he has to report it to the Rozzers otherwise they can put him in front of a judge for not reporting a Crime.(Maybe he is Member of a Drug gang and just makes Promotion)

Immigrant:
I did quit a while Long Distance with plenty Miles but dont think anyone under Drugs could do it.
I understand that long Hour slow your Mind down,especially against Monday Morning when you were together on Sunday with Wife and Kids,start your Journey Sunday evening and do your 9 Hour driving in Boredom of the Night.You may fall asleep with open Eyes.
But i accept that Driver who go often to Land Ladies (The Road along) take some Drugs,for the excitement,but not for staying awake.
But there is another Thing.
No one can charge you for not Brave enough to report a Crime.
But if someone is Brave enough to tell Stories about Class A Drug consuming then he has to report it to the Rozzers otherwise they can put him in front of a judge for not reporting a Crime.(Maybe he is Member of a Drug gang and just makes Promotion)

If anyone on here was on Drugs, I’d say it would have been you. You do write some drivel, all the time in fact. :laughing: Thought I wrote some bollox but you, phew there’s no end to your ■■■■. :grimacing:

I know of 2 people who have had coke to stay awake on the road so maybe it’s not all a load of ■■■■■■■■ but then I also know alot of young people today are sniffing coke in there free time so what’s to say if there doing that in there drinking hours then what’s to say some aint doing it in there job too ?

So I’m guessing that article may be a little true to a extent, maybe not as many as it states are on drugs but it’s pretty certain there’s a few I would of thought

To be honest £50 a gram every day or even every other day is ridicules that would be my wages all gone not to mention the effects it might have on the driving

Taking e and driving could be risky. Don’t believe it happens.

Smoking weed, no problem, I did so for ten years, my only problem was a couple of drivers grassing me up and hot rock burns on the seats that became obvious with a regular unit.

keebs26uk:
To be honest £50 a gram every day

Thats expensive, it’s £100 for a henry round this way, that’s about 3.5 grams :laughing: :open_mouth: :unamused:

cieranc:

keebs26uk:
To be honest £50 a gram every day

Thats expensive, it’s £100 for a henry round this way, that’s about 3.5 grams :laughing: :open_mouth: :unamused:

£100 for a Henry ? You must know a very kind dealer haha

In my life not one time was driving car or lorry when was use alkohol before.not one time was not use drugs.

sorry. not one time was not driving which alkohol.

I know it’s April 1st but I am sure this is not a wind up. Loise Cooper was a real person who was killed in 2009 by a cannabis smoking van driver:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … 60mph.html

Harry Monk:
The U.S. are very hot on this…

indeed.com/forum/job/truck-d … EEN/t39486

Cannabis is a definite no-no, stays in your system for months.

We are subject to random drug and alcohol test and i mean ‘RANDOM’ I have been driving down I-87 north of Albany and got a message to call into the Albany terminal, on arrival I have been sent for inmediate tests.
Taking any drug is stupid and I have no sympathy for any truck driver who is caught, I hope he looses his licence and gets a jail term.

Santa:
I know it’s April 1st but I am sure this is not a wind up. Loise Cooper was a real person who was killed in 2009 by a cannabis smoking van driver:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … 60mph.html

I don’t think it’s right to blame cannabis for that poor womens death. More like a stupid, careless driver.

its about time, all drivers could use this as a campaine for a mimimum wage of say £15 per hour, Ive been driving long enough to feel the squeeze, errosion of overtime premium’s, flex starts, agencys taking a bigger and bigger cut for doing nothing. Im not in a union but will go on the sick for a week to support this.

Well I know drug taking does go on while driving. A place I worked at a couple of years ago, it’s a drainage company based on the team valley in Gateshead, not kilbrides or dcs, had four lads caught sucking Colombian dancing powder up their noses at different times. They used to fly around in vans & vactors taking alsorts, I found a couple of joints and a wrap of some powder in one once, threw it in the toilet, that went down well. When the boss found out he let it be known that he was getting in a drug & alcohol tester and anyone found on anything would be sacked on the spot, it was pointed out that he would lose about half his staff so it never happened. Myself and a couple of other used to refuse to go out on jobs with them. He even had a smack head working in the stores, that came to light when the lad tried to sell a stihl saw to one guy for a tenner, trouble was he already worked there but the druggie forgot. The boss also caught 1 of them rolling tyres out the yard and stacking them outside to sell later.

darren1000:
its about time, all drivers could use this as a campaine for a mimimum wage of say £15 per hour, Ive been driving long enough to feel the squeeze, errosion of overtime premium’s, flex starts, agencys taking a bigger and bigger cut for doing nothing. Im not in a union but will go on the sick for a week to support this.

You’re going on the sick for a week to support drivers who like taking drugs?

You see that, people? Proof that the drugs do work, just not in a good way. :laughing:

Oh, please think of the children before taking drugs. Cheers.

Just another article to deflect positive public opinion away from the fact that drivers actually need to work long shifts just to take home a decent wage…

If a 9-5 35 hour week earning £26k is supposed to be the “national average” across all industry, then drivers having to work 56 hour weeks just to get £25k shows how pants it all really is.

The only drugs I’ve seen being regularily taken in 22 years in and out of RDC’s is ProPlus, which funny enough is the stuff that is supposed to keep you awake. I lot of drivers drink Red Bull, and I myself am prone to Lucozade.

I wouldn’t have thought any driver would be willing to risk a DR/DD and the “no work” that goes with it. In my experience this “heavy drug use” isn’t the issue at all - it’s the long hours & over the counter drug use only. :neutral_face:

Original article here: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17563574

So perhaps it isn’t a wind up? :confused:

Point worth noting; assuming we did end up with random testing and a zero tolerance culture as the railways have, would our drivers be on the same rate as theirs? :wink:

Last time I was at gibsons an old dude there got sacked cos he failed the drugs test at a power station and then turned up regularly spaced out avin smoked weed,another fella got sack whilst loading at cemex,the desk lad saw him necking cider so rang Gibson and he drove round to catch him at it,sacked him on spot,bloody idiots.