Drug driving poll

Is it really a problem?

Birds of a feather flock together. :bulb: A good driver will be careful who he shares his weed habit with. :bulb:

A driver with weed is a friend indeed. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Anyone who does drugs is a complete idiot, any driver who does drugs should loose their licence for life and do a jail term. It’s NEVER right.
Back in the 80’s a driver travelling north on the M1 wiped out several lives because he had smoked pot. … I hope he rots in jail till he is dead.

Whilst driving for a generic bed company, i had the misfortune of double manning with a guy that loved to smoke weed.
Now i`m the kinda guy that dont mind but, only if its done in your own time at home and not at work.

Anyways, we we`re delivering round essex the one day and as we made our last drop and headed home, he sat in the passenger seat and started to skin up!!!
I asked him what he thought he was doing and he told me that he needed a spliff and would i like to share it with him? :open_mouth:

The long and shart of it is, i told him that if he thought he was smoking it with me in the cab then hes got another thing coming............ He proceeded to tell me that he could do what he wanted and id better shut my face or he`ll kick my teeth in… Followed by me dragging him out of the cab with his bag in tow and giving him my tip money to catch a train with!
I got back to the yard and when they asked me where the guy was, i told them that he was probably stoned off his box, just pulling out of harlow train station.

Like i said, i dont mind it and used to do it myself, but when you put my job and life at risk, then you can get the ■■■■ away from me!

Stonehouse69:
Whilst driving for a generic bed company, i had the misfortune of double manning with a guy that loved to smoke weed.
Now i`m the kinda guy that dont mind but, only if its done in your own time at home and not at work.

Anyways, we we`re delivering round essex the one day and as we made our last drop and headed home, he sat in the passenger seat and started to skin up!!!
I asked him what he thought he was doing and he told me that he needed a spliff and would i like to share it with him? :open_mouth:

The long and shart of it is, i told him that if he thought he was smoking it with me in the cab then hes got another thing coming............ He proceeded to tell me that he could do what he wanted and id better shut my face or he`ll kick my teeth in… Followed by me dragging him out of the cab with his bag in tow and giving him my tip money to catch a train with!
I got back to the yard and when they asked me where the guy was, i told them that he was probably stoned off his box, just pulling out of harlow train station.

Like i said, i dont mind it and used to do it myself, but when you put my job and life at risk, then you can get the [zb] away from me!

Gosh, you faced down a drug-crazed maniac wielding a joint! What was he going to do to endanger your life, set you on fire?

Did you not think of the children who could have been on that train?

What about their lives?

Happydaze:

Stonehouse69:

Like i said, i dont mind it and used to do it myself, but when you put my job and life at risk, then you can get the [zb] away from me!

Gosh, you faced down a drug-crazed maniac wielding a joint! What was he going to do to endanger your life, set you on fire?

What about their lives?

LOL, he werent no maniac, just a typical city boy that thought he was GANGSTA, i wouldve stopped somewhere for him to have it but he threatened me…sorry but he had to leave. The children on the train were probably more into it than him lol, harlow is a rough place :open_mouth: :unamused:

Stonehouse69:

Happydaze:

Stonehouse69:

What about their lives?

LOL, he werent no maniac, just a typical city boy that thought he was GANGSTA, i wouldve stopped somewhere for him to have it but he threatened me…sorry but he had to leave. The children on the train were probably more into it than him lol, harlow is a rough place :open_mouth: :unamused:

Going by your username I thought you passed the peace pipe yourself. :laughing:

I’ve been double and triple manned on furniture delivery in the past and the two other guys in the cab were smoking, and then later on smoking dope. I don’t smoke or anything, and don’t really like the smell of weed either. But back then they were bigger than I was and it was two of them.

They were desperate for drivers but I didn’t want to work with those two and when I refused to go back in the following day I told the agency it was due to the other pair I was with were smoking dope in the cab and I didn’t want to share that option. I went back on the proviso that I would not be paired up with them again, but I was.

Rang the agency, complained, but did the run. Following day went to another agency, cue a call at about 3pm asking where I was; it was for afternoon/evening deliveries. Replied that I warned them I was not happy with working with anyone driving a 7 ton truck smoking dope and reported it but was still sent out with them, so clearly I can be done without, and that was it. Didn’t work for that agency again and I found out later it was a good thing as a few days later the truck was rolled on a rural road and they ripped the chassis off the back body. The police were not amused with their state either.

Years later another guy I knew had dope the night before work and insisted he was fine, and there was no change to his work ethics or attitude and was laid back most of the time anyway, but I still kept clear when he was on the roads. But I didn’t report him as I didn’t need to be in the same cab as him.

I tend to have more problems from drivers with poor driving skills compared to dopers though.

Everyone has their reasons though, but I prefer to be clear headed and sober when on the road.

10-08:
Is it really a problem?

The USA, UK, Germany, Japan and more actually gave/give drugs to soldiers/pilots when on arduous tasks to help with keeping them ‘on the ball’. What problem was it you thought might arise?

■■■■, never received any of those free hand outs whilst I was serving, maybe it was just the Int. Corps who got those benefits eh :wink:

i drink, and smoke.
but i don’t take illegal drugs. you are heading for bankrupcy if you use your own product.
i think pat needs something to calm him down.

Mike-C:

10-08:
Is it really a problem?

The USA, UK, Germany, Japan and more actually gave/give drugs to soldiers/pilots when on arduous tasks to help with keeping them ‘on the ball’. What problem was it you thought might arise?

I served with the UK Army in Germany with US troops and never saw or heard about this, plenty were on weed but no illegal drugs issued by the military. Wouldn’t mind knowing where you get these facts from. I’ll stand corrected if it’s true but with most of my family being ex forces or still serving thought I may have heard.

Why single out drivers, most sportsmen use drugs, whether to enhance the performance or keep them “fit.”

aranger:

Stonehouse69:

Happydaze:

Stonehouse69:

What about their lives?

Going by your username I thought you passed the peace pipe yourself. :laughing:

LOL, i`m neither admitting or denying this, MAAAAAN! :wink:
Although it wouldve been ironic, my username has a differnt meaning to it :laughing:

Lets just say, when i met the wife all of 10 years ago, She laid down an ultimatum…and i love `er :slight_smile:

Company i work for has zero tollerance for drink and drugs and we have random, unanounced screaning.
Its blood alcohol limit is lower than that of the driving limit.
If theres any trace of either in breath or blood, its instant dismissal with no appeal.
The clever ■■■■■ can also distinguish between passivly smoking it or in the case of alcohol can tell if its an inocent dose of nite nurse or otherwise!
No fun here im afraid :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
Why single out drivers, most sportsmen use drugs, whether to enhance the performance or keep them “fit.”

Because with all due respect they are not cruising around in up to 44t of deadly weapon.

Over here in Nth America we have to, by law, have a drug test before being taken on and then random ones throughout the year, it certainly makes my t-shirts last longer :sunglasses:

I don’t but I did when I was younger I can’t see the problem just like alcohol so long as your not under the influence when driving what’s the problem?
Just because it’s illegal doesn’t make it bad or dangerous neither does it stop it.

Phantom Mark:

Wheel Nut:

Because with all due respect they are not cruising around in up to 44t of deadly weapon.

It is only deadly when you drive like a tool and many people seem to be able to crash without the added aid of chemicals!