Dropped trailer on M1 (n/b)

…today @ 0545 in the roadworks at Catthorpe :astonished: anyone else see it? the tractor unit was parked several metres in front,driver still in cab when i went past,no old bill in attendance at that time.luckily no-one had been tail-gating him…could have been v.nasty!

Didn’t tesco’s have a couple of insidences like this a few years back that turned out to be because of dodgy king pins on a batch of new trailers.

Also I’m sure there was something about dodgy fifth wheels on some Cf Dafs in recent years as well

Freightliner■■?

i couldn’t be certain,but it may have been a Magnum,with a name,or 4 letters on the front top of the cab.

carryfast-yeti:
i couldn’t be certain,but it may have been a Magnum,with a name,or 4 letters on the front top of the cab.

No, not the one today, the Dafs dropping them

I think it was freightliner that had a couple with a fifth wheel fault or damage a few years ago

Was an Actros with a Van Sweiten air freight trailer, he had passed me around quarter of an hour earlier.

dreamingofoz:
Didn’t tesco’s have a couple of insidences like this a few years back that turned out to be because of dodgy king pins on a batch of new trailers.

Surprise surprise, zb supermarket with zb kit…:exclamation:

Pimpdaddy, how come this site ‘s’ out the word ‘cheap’?

Oh…

Ohhhhh… :stuck_out_tongue:

trubster:

And how much grief would the OP have got for taking photos whilst driving■■?

madmackem:

trubster:

yes,sorry.no photo’s as i was driving at the time!

carryfast-yeti:

madmackem:

trubster:

yes,sorry.no photo’s as i was driving at the time!

You mean you took your eyes off the road for a split second to look at a dropped trailer :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You sir should be hung, drawn and quartered…and then giving a ■■■■ good thrashing for good measure!!!

Please note the above is not to be taken seriously<

Another reason for a dash cam :smiley:

There are probably 3 or 4 main manufacturers, Jost and GF seem quite popular, you can’t really blame the lorry, you can probably blame rough drivers for smashing into the plastic wear rings

Pimpdaddy:

dreamingofoz:

Aren’t a lot of their trailers Grey & Adams? Anything but zb if so.

CaptainOfIndustry:

Pimpdaddy:

dreamingofoz:

I very much doubt a king pin has failed

Wheel Nut:

CaptainOfIndustry:

Pimpdaddy:

dreamingofoz:

you’d have more of a chance of the Jaws failing.

When I first started driving Young Gordon Vickery at our place lost his trailer he’d had the same trailer on all week, apparently the jaws had broken and almost all the bits were missing ( Big D fifth wheel ) MoT and police were called as the trailer had hit a car coming the opposite way where it had detached, we all walked the 1 mile route back to the yard looking for any bits that could have been part of the mechanism nothing was ever found.

nick2008:

Wheel Nut:

CaptainOfIndustry:

Pimpdaddy:

dreamingofoz:

you’d have more of a chance of the Jaws failing.

When I first started driving Young Gordon Vickery at our place lost his trailer he’d had the same trailer on all week, apparently the jaws had broken and almost all the bits were missing ( Big D fifth wheel ) MoT and police were called as the trailer had hit a car coming the opposite way where it had detached, we all walked the 1 mile route back to the yard looking for any bits that could have been part of the mechanism nothing was ever found.

Jaws failing,are you saying Steve geeson was no good at his job,or kev( forget his second ) was also a crap Cnc miller,they used too mill the casting on a jig on there cnc mill,
At least you haven’t mentioned the top plates,I welde them up before they got a robot welder,sliders and ramps as well,then fitted top plates up,springs,adjuster rods etc when robot arrived.
Think Wordsworth holding sold big d onto jost in the end.

CaptainOfIndustry:

Pimpdaddy:

dreamingofoz:

Maybe when it’s new,but them days are long behind most of the stuff I use,another 4 hrs tonight broke down,waiting for a Pullmans fitter too sort tri out,

CaptainOfIndustry:

The fridges are yes, they also have Lawrence David & Schmitz trailers… Doesn’t matter what make they have if the maintenance & spec are zb.