DRIVING WITHOUT DIGI CARD IN

Next time you want to run bent when using a new motor do as the Dutch suopposedly 1st done according to T&D, use a magnet… :laughing:

galwayman:
I dont know Delboy. Has this something to do with Europe and Scotland being a country in its own right. At 180 an hour plus vat to hire the services of 2 solicitors on 2 seperate occasions its not feasable for me .Im skint and in debt due to a crook in our industry. ITs a mess but will face it one way or the other and learn a lot on the way.

Don’t get worried about it. In respect of both, the Operator will also need to be interviewed (by the local Force) when the similarities should become clear.

If, after having received one set of Summonses, you then receive another from a different jurisdiction, then write to that Court, enclosing copies of the initial documents, and requesting that the matter be ‘remitted’ to the original Court. The Court can then either ‘remit’ the matter to the original Court or enter discussions with them as to which should hold ‘Primacy’.

‘Primacy’, in this type of situation, would normally revolve around the locus of the Operator.

Did the police give any reason on either occassion as to why your vehicle specifically had been identified for a spot check?

Thanks delboytwo, buck73, krankee for your comments and support. Scottishcruiser the method you put forward as featured in t and d would surely have made my situation far worse.As far as im aware that would probably warrant a custodial sentence. The lesser of the two evils surely was better so that in the event of an accident at least a record of events was being kept and save the taxpayer unnessary expence with a lengthy investigation and the evidence would be there for them to see. Driverone uk that is a question i put to both Police Officers on both occasions and all I can say on here is that the vehicle was flagged up on their system which both times warranted a routine check. The vehicle was taxed, insured,speed limiter ok etc.There were no mechanical defects. They did tell me the reason and lets just say it was intelligence led in relation to the operator.What that probably means is that I suspect i am not the only one to have been been stopped over hours etc.Lets face it that those guys have a job to do and when they pull you over its best to give them the respect they deserve and treat them as you would like to be treated.While some of them can let the power go to their heads in general they are polite,considerate,and grateful of your respectful manner towards them.After all is said and done it is not their fault i was over hours.That lies at my door and fate will prevail.Thanks all.

Is THIS (What is OCRS and why is it important to every LGV driver ?) relevant to this topic :question:

Thanks ROG,
I would say that its working and yes it is relevant.

Under Regulation (EC) No 561/2006 you can’t be penalised for the same infringement more than once regardless of which country it was detected or committed in.

REGULATION (EC) No 561/2006
:
Article 19

1. Member States shall lay down rules on penalties
    applicable to infringements of this Regulation and Regulation
    (EEC) No 3821/85 and shall take all measures necessary to
    ensure that they are implemented. Those penalties shall be
    effective, proportionate, dissuasive and non‑discriminatory.
    No infringement of this Regulation and Regulation (EEC)
    No 3821/85 shall be subjected to more than one penalty or
    procedure. The Member States shall notify the Commission of
    these measures and the rules on penalties by the date specified
    in the second subparagraph of Article 29. The Commission
    shall inform Member States accordingly.

2. A Member State shall enable the competent authorities to
    impose a penalty on an undertaking and/or a driver for an
    infringement of this Regulation detected on its territory and
    for which a penalty has not already been imposed, even where
    that infringement has been committed on the territory of
    another Member State or of a third country.

Thanks Tachograph, that has been a great relief and I will duly bear that important legislation in mind. Now i suppose all i can do is wait for the respective paperwork to arrive and then review the gravity of the situation. Many thanks