Driving without a licence

Had my medical (no problem) , sent off forms with old photocard licence that runs out in 4 days to Swansea 2 weeks ago
Hopefully new licence should come any day now
but if it doesn’t and my old licence runs out
Can i still drive ?

Yes, Google “DVLA Section 88”

Yes you can. Also the government hAve just released, providing no health issues, due to current situation you can drive up to a year from now without medical due to strain on system

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

You can drive indefinitely on section 88 .You have sent in a d4 and you have been passed fit to drive. Due to other checks dvla medical wanted to do, mine took 8 months to come back.

P Stoff:
Yes you can. Also the government hAve just released, providing no health issues, due to current situation you can drive up to a year from now without medical due to strain on system

I haven’t seen that before, thanks, handy to know as mine’s up soon and fully expected it was going to be a pita, bit of breathing room won’t hurt.

Juddian:

P Stoff:

I haven’t seen that before, thanks, handy to know as mine’s up soon and fully expected it was going to be a pita, bit of breathing room won’t hurt.

I think it was only released Friday.

commercialmotor.com/news/co … -confirmed

motortransport.co.uk/blog/2020/ … criticism/

Brilliant, thanks chaps.

Juddian:
Brilliant, thanks chaps.

Reply shoukd be. “Thankyou old chaps”

sent my license application on 30th march along with my medical form, have not got new license yet phoned them up and they said long delays running with a skeleton staff so applications taking much longer. starting to think I will not get it before my old license runs out

sorry forgot to ask any one had there license back and how long did it take

dav987:
sent my license application on 30th march along with my medical form, have not got new license yet phoned them up and they said long delays running with a skeleton staff so applications taking much longer. starting to think I will not get it before my old license runs out

sent mine on 31st of march
licence ran out yesterday friday april 24
new licence hasn’t come
but i did go on the direct gov website where you can view your licence
it says mine is valid from april 24 2020 to april 2025
so even though i havent received it i presume its been processed and everything is ok
plus i can show a screenshot or got on to the website if anyone wants to see if i have a valid licence

looks like your license in the post on way back to you, I to checked the gov website nothing changed still says license run out early may 2020,still got a few days to be processed i hope.