Driving without a CPC

I’ve got a question regarding the initial CPC if anyone can help.

Its going to be a week or so before I can start my C+E training and after that I’ve got to get my initial CPC done. So its going to be around 2 to 3 weeks before I’m employable :frowning:

I read that the CPC is for drivers who drive for a living and that if I passed my test (without doing the initial CPC) I could hire a lorry to move house or something as long as its not for financial gain. Does that mean I could offer my services to a haulage company for a week un-paid to gain experience??

Cheers
LR

LR18-8:
I’ve got a question regarding the initial CPC if anyone can help.

Its going to be a week or so before I can start my C+E training and after that I’ve got to get my initial CPC done. So its going to be around 2 to 3 weeks before I’m employable :frowning:

I read that the CPC is for drivers who drive for a living and that if I passed my test (without doing the initial CPC) I could hire a lorry to move house or something as long as its not for financial gain. Does that mean I could offer my services to a haulage company for a week un-paid to gain experience??
Cheers
LR

No - that is driving LGVs commercially because you are driving for a commercial enterprise

Driving commercially is not the same as hire or reward

Ok mate thanks, looks like I’ll just wait then :frowning:

LR18-8:
Ok mate thanks, looks like I’ll just wait then :frowning:

Treat it as a holiday :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

LR18-8:
Its going to be a week or so before I can start my C+E training and after that I’ve got to get my initial CPC done.

You could do your initial dcpc antime as long as you have your licence with you - can be done with an artic - so why the delay?

LR18-8:
Does that mean I could offer my services to a haulage company for a week un-paid to gain experience??

Nothing to stop you going out as a passenger to observe ■■■ long as you have permission of the vehicle operator

ROG:

LR18-8:
Its going to be a week or so before I can start my C+E training and after that I’ve got to get my initial CPC done.

You could do your initial dcpc antime as long as you have your licence with you - can be done with an artic - so why the delay?

LR18-8:
Does that mean I could offer my services to a haulage company for a week un-paid to gain experience??

Nothing to stop you going out as a passenger to observe ■■■ long as you have permission of the vehicle operator

Isn’t that common practice anyway, observing ■■■? :smiley:

ROG:
…to observe ■■■ …

:bulb: If there’s ■■■ about, both the driver and passenger can observe it. :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

dieseldave:

ROG:
…to observe ■■■ …

:bulb: If there’s ■■■ about, both the driver and passenger can observe it. :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

LOL :smiley: I can be an ■■■ observer!

I’m waiting for my licence to come back. Only got sent off yesterday when I passed ‘C’

Once its back I’ll be more or less straight into the C+E training.