Driving with hi-vis on

I see more and more drivers with hi-vis jackets
On when driving
Is this somthing that is company rules ?

trickey herbert:
On when driving

In my case it’s just because I can’t be arsed to keep putting it on and taking it off.

trickey herbert:
On when driving

It’s because they are knobs.

Its the ones driving there car to work and they got them on.I put mine on when walkingin gate,but it gets chucked on passenger soon as i m out on the road.

trickey herbert:
On when driving

I take mine off, but why would it bother you that some other drivers keep their hi-viz on whilst driving :confused:

Its a sign of manlyness.

Ben9:

trickey herbert:
On when driving

It’s because they are knobs.

Someone who’s never done multi-drop methinks.

Mine (bomber jacket in winter, vest in summer) is hung up as soon as I leave the yard, but when doing drops a few minutes apart it’s a pita, to keep putting on.

Why does this wind people up so much?

If your doing multi drop work its easier just to leave it on… i have my high vis vest permantly on over my fleece, therefore if its cold and i have my fleece on my high vis will be on as well. I don’t mean to cause any offence. In summer I hardly ever wear it.

It’s like when you see people wearing them in the services etc. Also knobs that wear bluetooth ear pieces in waiting rooms or services :laughing:

I keep mine on when Im driving couple miles from one dock to another at immingham,so I must be a knob showing my manliness :unamused:

Santa:

trickey herbert:
On when driving

In my case it’s just because I can’t be arsed to keep putting it on and taking it off.

+1

Seany:
It’s like when you see people wearing them in the services etc. Also knobs that wear bluetooth ear pieces in waiting rooms or services :laughing:

Sorry to have inconvenienced you

Seany:

only a knob would worry about what others are doing I’m glad you ain’t got nothing else to worry about

I can understand multi droppers keeping them on, but not distance drivers.

Years of road use has convinced me that the bloke too bone idle to remove his hi vis is usually too bone idle to clean his mirrors or use them, much the same goes for the rest of his approach to his work or pride in the job.

9 times out of 10 if there’s a numpty doing the things numpties do it will be sporting a hi vis, for the next few weeks keep your eyes open and watch for them, its very useful when coming up behind another truck on the open road…if the bloke at the wheel is with hi vizzed expect the unexpected.

It’s a new Elf & Safety rule - along with having to use a harness if you sleep in the top bunk (coz of “working at height” regulations)
HTH

Saaamon:
Its a sign of manlyness.

Not always…& deffo not in my case :unamused: …& nope…I ain’t going to wear a pink one either…YUK…yuk…yuk… :arrow_right:

Seany:

Whats wrong with wearing it while in the services etc? The whole point of hi-viz vests is to make you more visible to operators of vehicles, be it a fork lift or a 44 tonner. Last time i looked there were plenty of the latter in the services. Just as capable and likely of running you over in there, as they are at an RDC. If a driver feels safer wearing his hi-viz in the services, then whats wrong with that?

I only wear mine when I have to, When you have to wear one It’s because you have a crap job.

So it comes off A.S.A.P

Juddian:
I can understand multi droppers keeping them on, but not distance drivers.

Years of road use has convinced me that the bloke too bone idle to remove his hi vis is usually too bone idle to clean his mirrors or use them, much the same goes for the rest of his approach to his work or pride in the job.

9 times out of 10 if there’s a numpty doing the things numpties do it will be sporting a hi vis, for the next few weeks keep your eyes open and watch for them, its very useful when coming up behind another truck on the open road…if the bloke at the wheel is with hi vizzed expect the unexpected.

Thanks, I’ll remember that its me who’s the Numpty, next time a Glory Boy with frilly curtains (pulled most of the way over the side window) and Wembley’s flood lights bolted to his roof carves past me flat stick, but not wearing a Hi-Vis. I dont need to go flat stick, but I do often wear my Hi-Vis whilst driving, me thinks its not me who’s the Numpty.

I think that like me, you made a striking generalisation, not all blokes with a pride in there trucks is a Glory Boy, and neither is every “numpty” wearing a hi-vis whilst driving of low Profesional standards.

Call me a Numpty if you like, but dont question my standards.

PS, dont wear a hi-vis into a toilet cubical with auto flush, its not pleasant :open_mouth:

Time and time again this thread comes up, lets not forget I saw a Stobart driver in his Pink Hi-Viz the other day. There, that’s both the usual topics combined.