Driving when lost digi tacho card - question

It’s written that I can drive without it for 15 days only (and due to some complications relating to my polish license it will take me longer to obtain a replacement).

My question is: I can’t drive longer then 15 days on digi tacho vehicle (unless I am in Vladivostok just now and have to go back to my depot in Portugal :grimacing: ). But what about driving vehicles fitted with analog tachograph?

I have all my printouts for driving in last couple of months, and I am driving sporadically only, so it won’t be a problem to me to show VOSA my full driving records for last 28 days. But, altough I will carry all my required records with me, I have also to carry with me my digicard all the time.

That question make clerks at DVLA office really confused. They gave me a receipt where is stated that I applied for replacement of my UK digi card, but will that, toether with my records, make VOSA happy if they’ll stop me?

i think this may help you a bit

Lost, stolen or malfunctioning driver cards
Where it is impossible to use a driver card (e.g. where it has been lost, stolen or damaged or is
malfunctioning) a driver may drive without the card for a maximum of 15 calendar days (or longer
if this is necessary for the vehicle to be returned to its premises) provided that he produces two
printouts — one at the start of the journey and another at the end. Both printouts must be marked with:

• the driver’s name or driver card or licence number, so the driver can be identified;
  • any manual entries needed to show periods of other work, availability, and rest or break; and
  • the driver’s signature.
    The driver must report the problem to DVLA and apply for a new card within 7 calendar days.

delboytwo:

Where it is impossible to use a driver card (e.g. where it has been lost, stolen or damaged or is
malfunctioning) a driver may drive without the card for a maximum of 15 calendar days (or longer
if this is necessary for the vehicle to be returned to its premises) provided that he produces two
printouts — one at the start of the journey and another at the end. Both printouts must be marked with:

• the driver’s name or driver card or licence number, so the driver can be identified;
  • any manual entries needed to show periods of other work, availability, and rest or break; and
    The driver must report the problem to DVLA and apply for a new card within 7 calendar days.

So that’s obviously apply to digital tachographed vehicles. And my question regards to analogue ones.

If you have your print out, receipt and paper charts you should be ok.

orys:

delboytwo:

So that’s obviously apply to digital tachographed vehicles. And my question regards to analogue ones.

Yes you can drive vehicles fitted with analouge tachos- your digi card loss has no bearing on this :smiley:

chevmac:
Yes you can drive vehicles fitted with analouge tachos- your digi card loss has no bearing on this :smiley:

Hm that’s good. I was affraid as a law wants me to carry the digi card with me even if i drive analog ones…

Thanks, folks.

orys:

delboytwo:

fill out chart as normal for the analogue one, if you drive a digi one take print outs as stated in may early post within the 15 days if you have a letter confirming that you have ask for a replacement carry that, like you said

IMO if you have not received your card back by the 15 day you would not be able to drive a digi tacho truck till your card returns

i would think its like not having one and if you don’t you can’t drive one

chevmac:

orys:

delboytwo:

unles you have not go one and if you have one and you drive an analouge one and have a digi card you must carry it with you

Note: A driver who is not in possession of a driver card cannot drive a vehicle equipped with a
digital tachograph.

I thought that if you had been issued with a digi card then you had to carry it with whenever you drove professionally, whether on digi or analogue tachos, and therefore the 15 days is the maximum you can drive professionally without a digi card, even if you only drive analogue!

Smart Mart:
I thought that if you had been issued with a digi card then you had to carry it with whenever you drove professionally, whether on digi or analogue tachos, and therefore the 15 days is the maximum you can drive professionally without a digi card, even if you only drive analogue!

i would say that you could drive an analogue, but you would not be able to drive a digi one it would be like not ever having one once the 15 days as lapsed you mite have to reply for a new one and until that one comes Thu you would not be able to drive one

Smart Mart:

THE vosa regulations state only the 15 day limit whilst using a digi tacho- if you have reported it lost/stolen etc then there is no reason why you cannot drive a analouge tacho vehicle until you get back to pick your new card up(in my oponion) :smiley: :smiley: -

Ring VOSA and i’m sure they will clarify it- it’s easy to read a different meaning into regulations

IMHO once ypu have had one issued you have to carry it and unless you surrender it (not lose it) you are still the legal custodian of one and therefore cannot drive professionally at all after the 15 days! If the re-issue of one is a problem beyond your control then I can’t see that you could be prosecuted though!

Smart Mart:
IMHO once ypu have had one issued you have to carry it and unless you surrender it (not lose it) you are still the legal custodian of one and therefore cannot drive professionally at all after the 15 days! If the re-issue of one is a problem beyond your control then I can’t see that you could be prosecuted though!

I would be grateful if you could highlight the part that says you can’t drive at all- I appear to have missed that part :smiley:

you are still the legal custodian of one and therefore cannot drive professionally at all after the 15 days!

Sorry but incorrect

no digi-card , 15 days of print outs then you cant drive a digi truck till you get it back

You can still drive an analogue truck as normal

How do I know ■■?

HAD THE SAME HAPPEN TO ME OVER XMAS/NEW YEAR DUE TO THE DVLA BEING USELESS INCOMPETANT IDIOTS :imp: :imp:

shade:

you are still the legal custodian of one and therefore cannot drive professionally at all after the 15 days!

Sorry but incorrect

no digi-card , 15 days of print outs then you cant drive a digi truck till you get it back

You can still drive an analogue truck as normal

How do I know ■■?

HAD THE SAME HAPPEN TO ME OVER XMAS/NEW YEAR DUE TO THE DVLA BEING USELESS INCOMPETANT IDIOTS :imp: :imp:

Thank you shade- it certainly helps when someone can use real experiences to help answer a post- lets hope we all don’t have to suffer the hassle of it lol

If I have a digi card and Im driving buses (not tacho fitted), am I still legally required to carry it?

no problem Chav… i had to wait a month to get a malfunctioning card back from DVLA even though I sent it to them Royal Mail special delivery and they got it at 9am the next day!!!

Spoke to VOSA to clarify my situation and they told me what I told you above , I complained like [zb] to DVLA but to no avail.

i was just fortunate the company I work for could put me back in an analouge truck , wtf would I have done otherwise ■■

If i was working for a small haulier I could have lost my job I reckon

shade:
no problem Chav… i had to wait a month to get a malfunctioning card back from DVLA even though I sent it to them Royal Mail special delivery and they got it at 9am the next day!!!

Spoke to VOSA to clarify my situation and they told me what I told you above , I complained like [zb] to DVLA but to no avail.

i was just fortunate the company I work for could put me back in an analouge truck , wtf would I have done otherwise ■■

If i was working for a small haulier I could have lost my job I reckon

Typical gov organisation- don’t give a t##s about real people

[/If I have a digi card and Im driving buses (not tacho fitted), am I still legally required to carry it?quote]

yes mate , if you are stopped you need to show you have not driven on your digi elsewhere

shade:

[/If I have a digi card and Im driving buses (not tacho fitted), am I still legally required to carry it?

yes mate , if you are stopped you need to show you have not driven on your digi elsewhere

The card holder keyring thingy that I ordered from those tacho people that advertise on here (and was given a link to on another thread :grimacing: ) will be put onto my keys later then… :wink: