Driving vacancy

I said I would post this on here for a local company. I don’t know if the job is good or bad but it’s a job.

MONARCH METALS Ltd. Two depots (Rochdale & Oldham - I think). Scrap metal merchants

Driver required for permanent position
Cat C
Monday to Saturday 43.5 hours (including 3.5 hours on Saturday) @ £8.00 for 3 months then rise to £8.50 per hours
08:15 to 16:30 weekdays
1/2 hour lunch plus any legal breaks required
When no driving to be done would be expected to assist in warehouse
Tel: 0161 665 1819 ask for Leonard

I do not particularly know the company but have met a couple of their drivers. I am not recommending them nor commenting on the rate of pay. I am not connected to the company other than I know of them. It’s a job if you need one.

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place :unamused:

8.00 an hour… Insult

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I wish them the best of luck, and I think they’ll need lots of it…

£8.00 per hour? Might as well drive a forklift and have no hassle.
Will Hgv wages ever go up? I’m earning not much more now than I did ten years ago!!

Six day week? - Walk away. I wouldn’t touch that even for my normal going rates of over £10ph days…

I’d imagine that 3.5 hour saturday would be quite lucrative to get on agency though - make sure you work for one that pays a minimum of 8 hours for a “assignment callout”.

If it was me going for the job I’d say if you want a driver I’ll drive if you want a warehouse labourer employ one. :bulb: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Possibly quite good for a new driver looking to get a break!!? Poor pay though but got to start somewhere!!

A good job for someone who tops up their earnings by removing lead from church roofs, and doesn’t mind being chased by the yard guard dogs.
If you’re lucky you’ll get a truck pimped with Kelsa bars and lights off a written off truck. If unlucky you’ll get to drive ancient junk formerly owned by a demolition or waste company. Hand painted with battle scars thrown in free of charge.

Muckaway:
If unlucky you’ll get to drive ancient junk formerly owned by a demolition or waste company.

Have you driven old Smiths kit? I think we only sell the stuff that’s considered to rubbish to park in our scrap pile to use as spare parts in the future. :laughing:

Or in the case of my old unit I think the problem was all the blood and Tesco tuna pasta snacks sprayed around the interior.

Claretmac:
Possibly quite good for a new driver looking to get a break!!? Poor pay though but got to start somewhere!!

He’ll get a break alright - a broken leg I reckon! :smiling_imp:

Is somebody trying to take the ■■■■ here…£8.00!!! I wouldn’t get out of bed for that

If they want to fill the vacancy, they need to offer a reasonable wage. I would suggest £10/hour absolute minimum