Driving & using Mobile phone

Greetings,

I wonder if anyone can make this a little clearer.

We have an LGV driver who was recently caught messing with his mobile whilst driving our truck. He is attending a re-training course shortly, which will keep points off his licence.
What i am worried about is that i have been led to believe that he could end up in front of the Traffic Commissioner who could give him a short vocational ban.

If this is true, and i am sure it is, If he decided to ignore the ban and not tell me, is there any way i would know ?

I don’t know if he would, but i really would like to be sure

Scott42

Wouldnt a weekly license check by yourself cover your backside??

F-reds:
Wouldnt a weekly license check by yourself cover your backside??

That was my first solution, but I know a driver who had to appear before the commissioner to get his vocational licence back after a totting up ban.

He reckons that it wouldn’t show.

I’ll probably have to telephone the commissioner’s office, but I like to keep my distance from ms bell :open_mouth:

mail her this before you call her…that might help??
youtube.com/watch?v=KFVZ3IAlnrU

I suppose you could be vague, and ask if they had any guidance an operator should follow having had a driver pulled for phone use?

dieseldog999:
mail her this before you call her…that might help??
youtube.com/watch?v=KFVZ3IAlnrU

Interesting film. Hypocrisy is rife among the governing classes, but I feel pointing this out would not help the cause overly :stuck_out_tongue:

F-reds:
I suppose you could be vague, and ask if they had any guidance an operator should follow having had a driver pulled for phone use?

I think this is most likely the best way to proceed :confused:

scott42:
[…I’ll probably have to telephone the commissioner’s office, but I like to keep my distance from ms bell :open_mouth:

Just a thought but I would have thought that, because of the Data Protection Act, they wouldn’t tell you anything! Anybody can phone up and claim to be anybody else! Im guessing that unless the person concerned has given his / her express permission for such data to released then the TC could be on a bit of sticky wicket if they did release any info!

fairly sure you can check online for free providing you have a copy of his license number

Just do a licence check.
Print out the findings and file in the drivers file.
Your arse covered.

chainmailguy:
fairly sure you can check online for free providing you have a copy of his license number

As well as their NI number which as an employer you should have
Also their postcode which will be on licence

Do the same online license check as you would a new employee and your covered

chaversdad:
Do the same online license check as you would a new employee and your covered

But don’t you need to get permission of the driver to do a check?