Driving Tractor unit on Class C licence

Sorry, i know this subject has probably been done to death over the years.
Just to clear up an issue within our transport office. Can somebody please clarify that it is ok for a driver with Class C licence to drive a Solo Tractor unit, without anything being locked off on the 5th Wheel.

Thanks in Advance

PhilMc:
Just to clear up an issue within our transport office. Can somebody please clarify that it is ok for a driver with Class C licence to drive a Solo Tractor unit, without anything being locked off on the 5th Wheel.

Thanks in Advance

YES
The unit is simply a category C vehicle
Fifth wheels have no bearing on this

The old HGV rules were that only those with the old class 1 licence could drive an artic unit

About time we stopped using the old HGV terminology and simply used the LGV ones to save any confusion

Thanks for that Rog, i knew i was right.
It was a shunter on the yard that was trying to correct me!!

You have to hang the wifes chastity belt on the mirror arm and the key must not be on your person. This means buying an extra chastity belt for the wife if you are leaving her alone for long periods of time.

PhilMc:
Class C licence to drive a Solo Tractor unit, without anything being locked off on the 5th Wheel

This is more to do with private ownership and to prove it is not being used to haul goods - Lord Eubanks is a prime example.