Driving to Cyprus & Ferry routes

Ive little experience in european driving and none whatsoever in commercial driving anywhere so this is going to be a fun baptism of fire I think.

Ive offered to help the old man move to cyprus and intend to grab an 18t rigid on a euro hire package and set off from UK to France, Italy and somehow to Cyprus. I cant seem to find a way into cyprus with a lorry though and I have a feeling I may have to go to Greece 1st.

But thats why I am here.

Can anyone advise me on the two or more ferry routes I would need to take and also whether or not there is much of a price difference between sailing or railing across to france?

Im kinda set on going france to italy as they may speak some english and the other way round takes me through some places I see a lot of in the news full of angry people with rifles.

Any help much appreciated!

There’s a ferry from Piraeus (Athens), Greece, that goes to Limmasol, Cyprus.
Last time I used that route it was operated by Salamis Lines, but there may be others.
Getting to Greece can be done either by ferry from one of the Italian ports (Ancona, Brindisi, Bari) to
Patras, or overland through Serbia, Macedonia.
Hope this helps.

You can also go overland to Greece via Romania and Bulgaria.

I personally would get a quote of Mondial in Enfield it will be a lot cheaper than doing it yourself.

Ben9:
I personally would get a quote of Mondial in Enfield it will be a lot cheaper than doing it yourself.

But much less interesting. :smiley:

There is a diary of driving to Cyprus, quite entertaining reading, in fact it went ballistic :laughing:

freightbyferry.com/index.html

Wheel Nut:
There is a diary of driving to Cyprus, quite entertaining reading, in fact it went ballistic :laughing:

freightbyferry.com/index.html

Interesting prices there. I suppose if you consider the amount of time at sea, it’s not actually that expensive.
Regard the crossing as a cruise! (Just remember to take your own food and drink).

Wheel Nut:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

Well it certainly was of a high caliber :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Might not be as exciting but get a quote from a removal company to load it into a container and ship it. They will arrange to pack it if needed or just load it ship it and deliver it.

Be a lot easier and hassle free. There is a sailing every 10 days and its a 12 day transit time to Limassol. If its not a groupage container, it will normally be delivered within 2-3 days of arriving in Cyprus

billybigrig:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

Well it certainly was of a high caliber :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Number 1 with a bullet* :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

*Well, with a cartridge actually but that doesn’t make sense. :wink:

As has already been stated, its far more fun to do it yourself but then again the pifalls become alot deeper (and more expensive!! :laughing: ) should things go pear shaped for you!!

Try giving this lot a ring… nomad-international.com/

They used to do Cyprus but dont seem to advertise that they do now! However, im sure they could give you some very handy tips or advise.

As stated also, try Mondial… mondialtransport.co.uk/schedule.html

For greek ferry info try this… ferries.gr/ Should keep you busy for a while!! :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with what ever you decide and if you “do it yourself” then yake a camera, keep a diary and post it back up here! :wink:

EDIT… found these links… cruisecyprus.com/grimaldi_fr … ruises.htm

cruisecyprus.com/grimaldi_it … prices.htm

Salamis dont seem to be doing much anymore, … ferries.info/salamis-lines/

Finally, this lot have always seemed to have had a good rep… harbourshipping.co.uk/ferry_ … e=Limmasol

They should give you some sound advice.

I’d be interested to know how much the ferry would cost. I had a load for Rhodes once but due to the return ferry costing over €4000 for an artic I ended up tipping it in Athens, unfortunately.

switchlogic:
I’d be interested to know how much the ferry would cost. I had a load for Rhodes once but due to the return ferry costing over €4000 for an artic I ended up tipping it in Athens, unfortunately.

I suppose for July those prices are do-able, but I priced it from Lavrio because Piraeus wasn’t working

Looking at those prices it would definately be cheaper to ship it. Suppose it depends on how price dependant it is and what your sense of adventure is like!!!

Good luck with it, should be fun!

Be aware of possible port charges in Cyprus. Can’t understand how the shipping-lines
justify them - surely all costs should be included in the quoted price - but faced with the
threat from the ferry company of not releasing the vehicle from the port, what do you do?