Driving to Athens

Got a run down there in a few weeks , been allowed 4 days , going to assume I will be avoiding the non EU countries so I’m thinking 4 days will not be enough.

Are the borders open between Bulgaria and grease?

Ferry from Italy must be a better bet.

Thoughts .

joe royal:
Got a run down there in a few weeks , been allowed 4 days , going to assume I will be avoiding the non EU countries so I’m thinking 4 days will not be enough.

Thoughts .

Search for Peter Owens on YouTube he did a very informative set of videos on the trip and took the ferry.

I’d say the Ancona-Patras ferry is the way to go. Four days is a bit tight, whichever way you go.

Run down to Venice and ship across from there to Patras is a good option that I’ve taken many times

Tis many years since I went down that way, but Calais Athens over land is more than 3000km, so that wont be easy if you`re single manned.
Ferries from Ancona are about 1600km from Calais, and the Bari and Brindisi ferries are about 400km further down. Balance out time available, fuel, tolls, ferry prices, 24hr breaks (on ferry) etc…

Done an Athens run twice recently, Ancona-Patras didn’t fancy those borders in current migrant situation, or indeed being parked up with a high value easily nicked load so took the ferry, got a tan, ogled some pretty sunbathing Italian lasses, read some books, was a great break from driving all the time.

Cliff Richard…

Done it in a double decker bus.

yourhavingalarf:
Cliff Richard…

Three double decker buses actually, (KGU 304, KGU 395 and NLE 990) all with the same fake registration number WLB 991. :wink:

yourhavingalarf:
Cliff Richard…

Allegedly. M`lud…

joe royal:

Thoughts .

I went Ancona to igumanitsa seemed the best way at the time .

iguana:
Done an Athens run twice recently, Ancona-Patras didn’t fancy those borders in current migrant situation, or indeed being parked up with a high value easily nicked load so took the ferry, got a tan, ogled some pretty sunbathing Italian lasses, read some books, was a great break from driving all the time.

Yea ,course you did. :unamused:

Harry Monk:
I’d say the Ancona-Patras ferry is the way to go. Four days is a bit tight, whichever way you go.

+1

Suedehead:

iguana:

Yea ,course you did. :unamused:

Of course I did what?